I think kids should not go to college unless they want to be a healthcare professional, an engineer or a mathematician, how about you?

Anonymous
I say this to voice my concerns, since I have seen so many good people go into debt for useless degrees, only to be working at Starbucks. One Starbucks server would educate the customers with his useless zoology degree while they wait for their drinks. And I saw one guy cutting the grass who has a master's in history.

It's so ridiculous nowadays. Why not become a tradesman and work in construction, welding, plumbing, HVAC, etc? Good money there, plus you don't have to be in debt.

Millennials were born cursed, since many of them started college in 2008, when George W. Bush wrecked the economy. Gen-Z is more fortunate, since many of them knew the economic path the USA and many countries were headed for, so they were smart about it and knew what to do.

I say this as a 30-year-old STILL working on his bachelor's degree in computer science. I was enrolled since I was an 18-year-old freshman. But I don't want to take out loans, so I ended up having to take a LOT of time off, since I ran out of money at several points. I think it's better to be a late bloomer with no debt than a hotshot young whippersnapper with debt.

What say you? Should we have more young men and women working in the construction zones and less of them in colleges, unless they want to be doctors or engineers?
0
3