I'm about to make a life changing decision. Can an older or experienced person give me advice?

ragequeen
So, my boyfriend might get a job in the military that is a once in a lifetime opportunity (he has no education but is fluent in programming). If he gets this job, he will be moving to the capital city of my country. We have discussed moving together from where we are now (I have school here), but I realize it's a much bigger decision.

I can transfer easily. That's not an issue. The same school is in that city. But I have concerns. The first one is that I don't like the city we might be moving to. It's dirty, expensive and loud. He doesn't really like it either. But it's for a dream job. I'm just worried that we will be stuck there.

Obviously, if he has a job he might stay there for a very long time. And I only have school for two and a half more years before graduation.

But, it's a great job, it's his dream and he will be making amazing money. If we both have good jobs we can do anything and travel anywhere, and that's the life I want. However, I don't know about living in the capital city for the rest of my life. I'm also only 20, so very young and bound to make mistakes. But these decisions are huge and terrifying. And Im scared to make anything permanent.

I know that I love him, we are the same person and I would do anything for him. But I need to think of my future too. What should I do? Is it not as bad as I think? Should I relax and see what happens?
20
0