How do you know if you should take a break from college?

Anonymous
I have always been a straight-A student in high school. I’ve been doing online school for one year now. I’m first year student at a really good public university.

Lately, I feel like the college stress is my worst enemy. I feel like college is my enemy, in general. It’s sucking me dry; taking away my free time, leaving me with a headache at the end of the day, anxiety, and emotional baggage. Going into college I wanted to go to nursing school, but now I am left with a blank-vision. I don’t have any motivation to purse a nursing degree. I can’t see my friends and boyfriend because I am too busy with homework and projects and shit. I can’t draw, paint, exercise because I am 1. Busy from school, 2. Too stressed out to balance my time accordingly. Can’t interact with other college kids because #zoomuniversity.

I have lost vision completely and it’s burdening. I don’t know what I want to do with my life; however, I understand that this mindset will change in my future. I don’t expect myself to know what/who I want to be. Hell, I don’t even know why I’m in college if I don’t want to be nurse. Maybe I should limit my course schedule. Don’t know if I can do another 18 units next term. Any advice?
11
6