Should I join the Army or the Marine Corp in the near future?

iAMtheT0ASTER
When I was in high school, I was planning on joining the military after graduation and becoming a real estate investor during or after my service. But things happened in my personal life that caused me to drop out of high school and lock myself away for the last 5 years, and it kills me.
So I've decided that it's better to regret joining late than regret not joining at all. I'm going to spend the next year or two losing weight and getting in the best shape of my life. I want to join the military to better myself as a man, do something extraordinary in my life, meet new people, and enjoy my younger years to make up for my missed childhood. But I don't know if I should join the Army or the Marines.

About the Army. They have better equipment and better living quarters. They have more free time so I can take real estate classes, get my license and maybe even invest while I'm serving. I also feel like I would be able to socially adapt better in the Army as an older recruit since I'll be 23 or 24 when I enlist.
The big downside of the Army is how their standards have tanked. They got rid of the shark attack in BCT and I've heard that trainees can have stress cards. I see people in the Army who are fat, dumb or both, and I wonder if they're just letting ANYONE enlist. I often wonder why the Army can't be held to the same standards as the Marines.

About the Marines. I like how absolutely badass they are and I want that challenge. They do what they're afraid of because they're afraid of it, and they're the first ones into battle. I also like how they use land and water, I've been swimming for as long as I can remember. The Marines can really help me better myself as a man.
The downsides of the Marines are they have less free time even working on weekends, so I probably won't have time to work on my real estate career. I might not be able to join the Marines with a GED anyways.

This is just what I see from the outside looking in.
Army
Marine Corp
GirlGuy
2
6