Should I go my own way and stick to myself through school?

I feel like having contacts in school really stresses me out. I always compare myself to other students, and in the group chat the people I know just complain about school and how hard it is almost constantly. It's really stressing me out. I muted the conversation.

I have lots of friends outside school and I am social. But in school I don't have any friends, only acquaintances and people I work with. Wouldn't consider them friends. Thing is, I go to a small business school, and not to sound judgmental, but everyone there is the same. Stuck up, rich kids who are there bc they couldn't get in anywhere else. Also many are snobs and brag about all the good things that happen to them.

So... I've been thinking that maybe I should just withdraw from school socially and focus on myself. Hang out with my friend groups outside school.

Is this a bad idea? How were you in school? Keep in mind that university and small business schools are totally different. My school only has 1000 students or so.
14
1