How would you react if your parents discouraged you from pursuing a career you like?

Anonymous
I have been trying to get into the industry of acting and of course it is taking a lot of patience and time. I do already have my college degree in another field though so I'm not losing anything by pursuing this. I have also taken some acting classes so that I have some training. However, my dad has been making comments about me going to auditions and questioning whether I should stop since the directors are gonna reject me anyway. I find that hurtful and it makes me feel like im stupid for going to auditions. I just always try to maintain the mentality of what if so that's why I kept on going. But now because of his conjectures I do not feel like trying anymore. I just feel like he is there judging me and shoving it in my face that there is no chance for me to be an actor.
2
1