How do you explain to a parent that their child is short yellow bus slow?

Uptowngirl88
So my clients mom keeps trying to normalize the child which is doing more harm than good. The child is 17 years old yet mentally at toddler level of understanding. I did a session with the speech therapist with my client and the client understood absolutely nothing. I informed the mom and she said ," why won't the teacher send her home some cards!" Bruh, your child is slow. They've been teaching this child the samething since the child started school back when she was 6 and still the child is at toddler level. she is retarded like wake up lady. Her expectations of her child is too much the child cannot live up to it and it's only going to hurt the child. Anyways, I told the mom that the teacher said," you as the mom need to do x, y and z."

I'm starting to feel the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree in that home. The dad seems slow and so does the mom. Like hello your child is mentally retarded stop trying to force her to be like everyone else.
2
2