Was my coworker being inappropriate?

Anonymous
I'm just confused bc maybe I didn't realize how bad this was earlier so a coworker of mine he is 42, super friendly and i didn't think much of him well, I have collected phone numbers bc I show up at 10 and they are in a meeting until almost 10 which is when they open so I get stuck outside the store bc it's locked so I text someone to let them know I'm outside so I can be let in and he gave me his number and he told me to text him so he could have my # so I did and we kept sending emojis back and forth as a joke and he sends me two emojis and then a eggplant emoji at the end of it, he said sorry I didn't mean to send that and I joked and said it's probably in his frequently used to make the situation less awkward and he said I don't use it or my real one often... & then he told me I could text him outside of work anytime and that he was going to stop so his fiancé wouldn't get suspicious.. I didn't read much into it at first, but my boyfriend is concerned and threatening to come to the store.
Was he being inappropriate?
Add Opinion