I got fired cuz my co worker started a false rumor that I'm having an affair with a coworker?

Anonymous
My co worker " Tess" always joke about me and my coworker Donald that I'm his secret girlfriend of course I ignored it the first time since I thought its only joke. Donald is just a good friend of mine and married he always vent his problems with me. His wife is our co worker as well. He seen visiting our home to eat food well since his position is higher than me I can't say no to him. He is so much older than me he is 56 and I'm only 22. I think it all started when his wife ( our co worker) told our co worker (Zenaida) that maybe Donald and me are potentially having an affair. Of course Zenaida told my boss about it. Yesterday my boss called me to his room and told me that they were firing me because of this behavior. My boss didn't even ask me if the rumors are true he just fired me on the spot. I was angry of the situation and I felt like I was bullied. He told me he sent my co workers a paper of dismissing me of course all of them signed it. I am the secretary and he fired me after our meeting ends after I wrote the minutes of the meeting. After the meeting he fired me. Telling me "he's firing me because I might get pregnant" in a mean tone I still went to work in the morning I didn't even know he will fire me after the meeting. It just embarassing cuz my 4 co workers (Zeinaida, Tess, Nida and Michelle) - (those four are known as bullies of our office) were still there as witness asking if the rumors are true and of course I told them no and their reply was maybe the rumor started in your neighborhood when someone sees him leaving your house blah blah. I was just really sas cuz no one defends me.
4
0