What Was your Day 1 Interview or New Job Red Flag That Made You Want To Quit Immediately?

Anonymous
When I was a young, I was desperate for a job so my dad drove me to this open interview for something that sounded like a marketing job that I found from an ad in the paper. The second I was dropped off, my spidey sense started tingling because when I walked into this white non descript building, there was practically nothing inside. Some guy led me down a hall of flickering lights (I kid you not) into this room at the back end of the building with other job hopefuls.

My heart started to pound until a guy walked in with a clipboard and started talking about the job. I thought, okay, this building is giving me killer in the back room vibes, but it started to seem like a legit interview at that point...until the guy started to describe the job. He talked about stuff that people do while working but never actually described the job in any concrete terms. He said things like "you'll be working with a team and our team gets results." But, like doing what? With who? Where? How? The guy also couldn't answer any question other than with vague answers that went in a circular motion, always back to the team.

After that they started to call people in for smaller group interviews. I wanted to leave, but the guy that led me in was blocking the one door in, so I got up and asked if there was a bathroom and I swear, he looked around nervously before telling me where it was, and I bolted. Literally ran out of the building and called my dad in a panic to come and pick me up. I have never more felt like in my life, I was two seconds away from being chloroformed and waking up in a dessert somewhere missing a kidney!
4
2