Good Movies About Extraterrestrials Worth Watching

Ever since I've heard of the TV show called ancient aliens, I've become fascinated with the sci fi concept of extraterrestrials and the possibility of extraterrestrials existing. In this list, I'll name some very neat movies about extraterrestrials, I'll try to not to list movies with the cliché "Aliens trying to invade and destroy earth".

1.) E.T.

Yes it shouldn't be surprising that it's on here. Not only does it have great theme song but it also has a interesting story. Instead of depicting the aliens as bloodthirsty parasites, it depicts aliens(at least ET's species) as friendly beings.

2.) Close Encounter of the Third Kind

A movie that shows a possible scenario of what could happen if aliens end up visiting Earth.

3.) The 4th Kind

A mockumentary/found footage sci fi horror movie. It was filmed in a way to try to trick the viewer into thinking it's based on "real events". The intentions of the aliens are left unanswered. It got some controversy but it was unique.

4.) The Gracefield Incident

I didn't know what to expect from the movie when I first saw it. I thought it was going to be another cliché alien horror movie but it was much different than I thought it would be. It has a very good ending.

5.) Avatar

It's unique because it features a species of extraterrestrials as technologically inferior to humans. Instead of aliens visiting or invading Earth it shows what could happen if Humans invade a technologically inferior extraterrestrial civilization.

6.) The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008 version)

A movie about a alien who has healing and telekinetic powers that inhabits a human host.

7.) District 9

A movie about a group of physically ill aliens who visit Johannesburg South Africa and are confined in a special camp where they get mistreated by a multinational military. Eventually the aliens fight back.

1133
ADFSDF1996 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• District 9 was so good, still hoping he'll stick with doing District 10!
    Have you seen Arrival? That was pretty great too

• district 9 was amazing
      I have arrival. Started it a few times but never got immediately hooked to continue

How good was arrival for you Wonderer?

• Thanks for MHO 😊

@TripleAce wtf creampuff?

• You're welcome.

Most Helpful Guy

• gracefield looks interesting.

distrist 9 was good.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 10

• I enjoyed chicken little quite a bit.

• Fire in the sky was cool, and it was actually based off real life where this guy said he was abducted in the 80's. They all passed the lie detector tests which made people really wonder if such thing was possible.

• Interesting, the fourth kind seems interesting

• I love Alien, it's one of my favorites.
    I really liked District 9.

• Signs. I don't know if anyone said that yet, that movie always gives me the chills every time I watch it.

• I loved Battleship! It was cheesy crap but I enjoyed it.:) Why can't aliens be non-combative?

• Cool list

• lmaoooooooooo

• i will give a look

• I'll have to check some of them out

What Guys Said 32

• I'd have to go with Prometheus and Alien Covenant when it comes to extraterrestrial themed movies. There's also Starship Troopers.

cdn.flickeringmyth.com/.../prometheus-poster.jpg

i0.wp.com/.../AlienCovenant.jpg

• INDEPENDENCE DAY?

agentpalmer.com/.../Independence-Day-ID4.jpg

And I don't care what anyone says, this is a great battle speech...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj16vfbsM9A

• And yes, I did read the first line! This movie is exempt from your silly rule :-P

• District 9: awesome movie, unique concept. For me it was the best movie, but now it’s Arrival. And…I don’t see that in here, for some reason.
    The Day the Earth stood still: Yeah, cool. Interesting. But…here it is again. Aliens are here to destroy us. More on that later.
    Avatar? Really? I mean… :-D OK. Your taste is your taste. Oooh, you’ve talked about that. Got it. I’ll address that as well.
    In article. I got too carry away. It has distinct title, you’ll find it. When it will be posted, of course.

• Great movies, I like them all, fantastic Take.

• Thanks

• You want some good movies check out The day the earth stood still (the original, not the remake) .
    Forbidden planet
    Enemy mine
    Those are just a few good ones I know of

• Thank you! Haven't heard of the fourth one. Although, truth be told, I'm far more interested in actually meeting intelligent alien life than seeing movies about them

• Thank you

• Where is Alien Abduction. There are many more movies which give you the chills and thrills apart from the big budget ones. You should try them as well.

• Thank you

• thanks for the ideas mate.

• Super 8 was also a good one.

• I've watched and enjoyed the vast majority of these! Thanks for sharing!

• i <3 aliens

• Nice movies I must watch them

• have you watched the expanse?

• Check out "Stargate" (there's a movie that started it all, and a spin-off TV series), it's pretty much the story of "Ancient Aliens".

• Avatar and District 9 are my favourite

• Everybody knows that E. T. died immediately after the credits rolled. When he got back on the spaceship he smelled so much like them little kids that his people turned on him and they ate him while he was still alive.

• I just saw a UFO

• More from Guys
    12