A Tribute to my Hogwarts House, Slytherin

The very first time I took the test, I was a Slytherin but I retook it over and over until I got Gryffindor. I guess I always was a Slytherin but the only difference is that I've accepted it. I recently retook the test and answered honestly and got Slytherin. I just keep thinking that my Gryffindor scarf is now useless because yes, I do take my fictional life seriously.

I was little worried about myself and wondered if I was truly "evil." As I read into the Slytherin House history, my pride for Slytherin became deeper and I started to realize that the test was right. But then again, I thought about decisions I've made or the way, I've felt and I realized just how right the test is. Like why I never settle for anything less than the best. I never settle so that I can give myself the best life possible. Bottom picture is very true for me. Only difference was that I told my mom that I don't need a boyfriend but I will take the kingdom and three dragons please.

Or when I spent six months perfecting a chocolate chip cookie recipe because a family member said I would never get it right. It took six months, but I got it. And I just found six of my "secret recipe chocolate chip cookies" in the freezer. I remember I hid them because my brothers kept eating all of the cookies and I wanted to keep some cookies to eat when I felt like it. I must have forgotten about them. But seriously, finding them was better than Christmas.

Or when I was in school and the teacher had a serious conversation with the class because test average scores were low. But when I got my paper back, and she told me that I did well and better than most, I was internally happy because success is so much sweeter knowing others failed.

Slytherins are:

ambitious, driven, focused on goals, determined, resourceful, realistic, big on cost/benefit analysis, perfectionistic, cunning, self-reliant, and able to use their intelligence to get what they want.

They are not necessarily

Disloyal: their loyalty is highly selective

Disregarding of others opinions: Slytherins thrive on praise

Evil: I would never backstab someone for several reasons. One, it will come back to you and not in a good way. Two, it leaves a bad feeling in my stomach. Three, why be enemies when we can be friends that push each other and motivate each other to be the best versions of ourselves? Four, I care about the impression I give. I believe we all have darkness in us. What makes us who we are, is if we choose to act on it.

Things to remember

Our ambition
"Life didn't give you lemons so you can make lemonade. Life gave you lemons so you can build a lemonade stand and profit."

Slytherins are bloodthirsty for success and if you get in there way, you better watch out. Personally it always make me sad when people settle. And people settle all the time. My brother recently told me that he doesn't want to put in the work to get a higher paying job because his job pays his enough that he will be fine, if he lives within his means. Whatever makes him happy, I guess. But I am very future oriented and someone needs to make my future dreams happen. I want a small cottage like house on a property that is filled with trees, flowers, etc so basically I want it to look like something out of a fairytale. I can't have children and I don't want to adopt. I will take a dog or two though. I want a large personal library, which will probably have to be a separate building. I want to travel somewhere new every year. My dream job is an operating room nurse.

Unless someone gives me a reason to not like them, then I will push them to be their best. As long as they don't backstab me and make me regret it. Because trust me, you don't want to backstab a Slytherin. However, if someone thinks they have the upper hand over me, I will break their hand. In a metaphorical sense or that will come back to haunt me. Having ambition isn't always evil. In some cases, ambition means shoving an entire pizza in my mouth because someone told me I can't do it.

A few of our faults
Like a true Slytherin, the only big thing that tends to get in my way is my own ego. That's because I'd rather struggle than have someone in my life constantly say, "you only made it because of me."

Also because of our bloodthirsty want for success, we sometimes lose sight of the big picture.

If someone says you're too nice to be in Slytherin, smile because you have them fooled. One of the games I have on my ipad is the Game of thrones reality game where you play as a minor character. I got the biggest smile when Cersei told me how impressed she was with my cunningness.

We look out for our own

Due to the stereotypes and prejudice around our house, we have to.

Also, the most famous wizard, Merlin was a Slytherin.

Slytherin vs. Gryffindor

Slytherin and Gryffindor are opposite sides of the same coin. One thing that sets us apart is the boldness of Gryffindor vs. how careful, calculating Slytherins are. Sometimes Gryffindors can be bold enough that it gets them in trouble. Slytherins aren't too bold because we worry that our boldness will ruin whatever we are planning.

Hopefully you understand Slytherins more. Make sure to spend some time with your favorite Slytherin, who pushes you to be better and never settle. I recommend the movie, The Dressmaker with Kate Winslet just because the main character is the biggest Slytherin I can think of.

79
1truekhaleesi is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yassss, a fellow Slytherin bae. If anyone is curious about testing to see what house you'll be sorted in for both Hogwarts and Ilvermorny the best place to go would be the J. K. Rowling's official site for wizardry related things called www.pottermore.com

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 8

• "The very first time I took the test, I was a Slytherin but I retook it over and over until I got Gryffindor. "
    Isn't that his most online tests that variety work, like I'm not going to lie that I took a firefly character test 5 times to get mal and everytime I answered honestly I got Zoe

• I'm the opposite. I really wanted Slytherin but when I took the test I got Gryffindor

• Ravenclaw is the greatest house, Ravenclaw will conquer the other houses

• I never took any of the tests, but I kind of like the Hufflepuffs. They seem the friendliest.

• I could see Daenarys being in House Slytherin.

• The fact harry was supposed to be in this house shows it probably a really good one. Just rubs people the wrong way

• Cool.. I was a fan of Harry Potter.

• Gryffindor and proud

What Girls Said 6

• I'm a Slytherin with strong Ravenclaw leanings I think. A Slytherclaw :')

• This is a cool mytake. I'm a Ravenclaw who always wanted to be a Gryffindor, until I realised... heck I am a Ravenclaw. Deal with it lol. Great take!

• I don't need a test to tell me I'm a Ravenclaw.

• Interesting. Didn't realize there was a test for this.

• Fellow proud Slytherin here <3

• omg harry potter crap isn't over yet? :(

• NEVER!!! Also, my favorite book of all time was published in 1862 and it's still extremely popular. It's been translated in many different languages, there's a broadway play, a movie, and merchandise. Again, published in 1862. And it would've taken literally a second to scroll by.

• some day maybe I will read them. sorry if I came off bitchy

• You're totally fine, don't worry about it. I'm in one of those moods today.