Taylor Swift's "Reputation" (2017) Is Worse Than Expected

The new Tay Tay's album "Reputation" is selling like hot cakes!

We've all expected this, right? A famous singer who is a favorite of so many young kids these days - who would've thought her album, however good or bad, would sell amazingly regardless of quality?

I think we all could've seen this one coming!

The album, in the biggest part, is her view on the big lie she told and the scandal she made about Kanye's song...which Kim Kardashian-West exposed on Snapchat, hence exposing Taylor as a manipulative liar.

Since her brand of being an innocent little 'ugly duckling' (although, who among us actually ever believed that was even half true) she had to get rid of all those 'roles' and had to show her new image to the world.

A snake-like image which seems to be a theme of her new album altogether.

The quality of the music itself is sub-par to say the least.

Now, the predictable thing about the album isn't the bad quality, but the fact she took these snake Twitter attacks and 'made them her own'... She took that to mean she should be a snake from now on...and present herself accordingly, which, it seems, her videos exempt, she still can't do in real life interviews or appearences because she knows that isn't going to sell.

REVENGE - the word most strongly used in this entire album!

Her first hit single was so bad...I almost couldn't believe she had the guts to put that out there. The melody is so standardly bad that it turns to catchy in a few listening sessions and then you see why people buy this stuff. For the sheer brainwashing effect!

Yes, all bad, but very popular music nowadays is made this way, and Taylor is becoming more of a conformist with each passing day - and with this album, she's entirely moved on to that side!

Whatever people throw at her she'll try to make her own - like a child trying to imitate the person taunting her so she's feel she won...

In any case - the album is filled with songs about how misunderstood she is (and about her discarded boyfriends she really never cares about) and how she doesn't care what anyone thinks of her...which, in fact, is so very far from the truth.

Should she not have evolved by now?

Shouldn't she be a grown up at the age of 27?!

Still writing songs about using and abusing past boyfriends, about revenge on people who outed her as the person she really is?

Aren't your late 20's about finally realizing what kind of a person you are and focusing on yourself instead of how people perceive you?

When people see who you truly are, don't try to accentuate it and try to sell it as a gimmick... Embrace who you really are inside and let the chips fall where they may.

1619
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is terrible.

I'm not a Taylor Swift fan but my nieces are so I'll defend her.

Taylor is actually the one of the most authentic artist out there, why she writes her own music. So her songs are coming from a place of truth... her truth. The majority of singers like Katy Perry, Rihanna, demi lavato shop around for songs to make their album. Even the great Beyonce doesn't write her music. "FORMATION" Her hit record from the Lemonade album was written by a dude. So while women were all celebrating and saying "woman power" the guy who wrote that song (Khalif Brown) also wrote/performed ( "I ain't got no type... bad bitches is the only thing that I like"). So who is actually being fake? Whether or not you like her, she's singing about her life and her experiences which is why her songs are popular. People can relate to them especially those who have been through similar experiences.
    You also have to remember that she was only 18 when she burst into the scene. Give her a break. It's not easy to be famous and having the whole world analyzing your every move and shaping your "reputation" to whatever they want. So yeah she can write about her exes because guess what? Other artists have/do the same.

Most Helpful Girl

• Am I actually the only one who really like the new Taylor (and the old)? Lmao
    And honestly I really liked her new album and like I said I like the new Taylor.
    Also why this hate? Lol

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 18

• #1 Taylor doesn't know you. So why are you worry about her.

#2 Taylor is living her dream so worry about you.

• Okay but what's the point?

As in, why am I supposed to care about a popstar?

• The amount of hate you have for this woman is baffling

• DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT T SWIZZLE!!!

• Taylor is on the verge of Snapping like Miley did..
    she is snap worse then her..
    miley snapped but she was innocent from insides.
    Taylor is the sexy devil
    the 'Nightmare dressed like a daydream ". when she goes of, she will obliterated everything in her way,
    i still listen to her music, but her work until red album! this new work isn't written by her.. so it lack quality and she cannot connect when she sings it.

• All pop music has sucked for years. Taylor Swift is no Doris Day, Kanye's no Dean Martin. What's the news here?

• shake it off, shake it off

• I have a friend who's crazy bout her. Say something bout Taylor and she'll start arguing๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    I'm not really a fan but some songs like Blank Space are fine๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• Why do people even care about that bitch? Honestly I can't think of any good song from her

• its the world of generic pop shite and if people wanna see it as anything more then they are just victims of their own lack of ability in finding music with integrity. its all out there if you look further than simon cowells playlist

• Taylor Swift is really cute, but otherwise I was never really impressed with her.

• why should we care about those celebrities, although they don't give a damn to us?

• Man Tay Tay is ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

• When all else fails much like her music, sell sex.

• She's always sold sex just in different Barbi doll remakes.

She isn't s bad singer but I don't think you can truly be an artist unless you bare a bit of your soul and give at least something that's true no matter what instrument you play it's the soul that speaks and does the work.

• @sjoes006 No, agreed, she's not a bad singer at all. Some of her music, not all, it may be getting a little too main stream pop for me.

• Her stuff has always sucked but she still looks fuckable.

• Matica Hrvatska- good write up as always :)

• Just like most other stars she's gone so far downhill since her first single. Such a shame.

• sad.

What Girls Said 15

• She's a brand, not an artist and I'm fucking sick of it. She's worse than the Kardashians.

Who the fuck wants to get down in the mud an wrestle with Kanye West. Not going to comment on his music but as a person he lacking.

It's just such a fucking joke she makes me sick.

I'm sorry but I like real artists and songs that have feeling behind them. Pussy Riot, Amy Winehouse, Adele shit even Miley is kicking her ass if you caught her performance on SNL singing from her heart about the man she just secretly married. It was beautiful. I do t line country music much but it currently holds top 19 status for my favorite live performances not seen in person but produced.

• Oh she's also the idol and supposed spokes person for Kik which she refuses to address or disassociate herself from.

• Her whole image and whatever aside, the actual songs themselves are just not good! There are no melodies, the lyric quality has gone downhill and they just sound-- bad. Honestly I don't care about all her drama all I care about is listening to good music that I like which she was consistently good at until now. So I'm starting to think this obsession with her image/how people view her is causing her to go severely downhill in her music quality.

Sad really.

• Kim didn't "expose her" Kayne fucked up and Kim was desperate for attention as usual. Why would Taylor or anyone else approve any trash written by Kayne in the first place? Especially when it was that negative in nature. If the video would have proved it taylor would have had no choice, but to admit it. She didn't though bc it didn't happen. I hope everyone realizes that this "take" doesn't include any facts and is all speculation.

• I respect your opinion, but I think you should give her a bit more credit.

She became an established artist at 14, being signed to Sony in Nashville with a publishing deal to write songs. She released an album full of original songs at age 16, and began making a name for herself at that age. Every album she has released has outsold the previous one, broken multiple records, earned her a multitude of awards, featured many songs that charted on the hot 100 charts (including #1). She wrote Speak Now entirely by herself which won grammys and broke many records. She successfully crossed over genres from country to pop. Broke many records with 1989. And will break records (and already has) with reputation.

Although Reputation is no doubt very different than any body of work she has released, how boring would it be if four albums later, her songs sounded exactly the same as her Fearless album? Artists evolve over time. They become inspired by new sounds, new places, new people, new situations. And she is now a woman in her late 20's. She broke out on the music scene when she was 16. Of course her new stuff is going to be different! She's at a new time and age in her life.

Also, who are you to say she shouldn't write about how "misunderstood" she is, or about ex boyfriends and relationships? Are her feelings not valid? No matter what age, when someone spreads rumors of you, or your reputation is completely false, of course you are going to be hurt. Of course you are going to want to tell your side of the story and defend yourself. The media has portrayed her as this serial dater who feuds constantly with other celebrities. Not a very nice thing to paint someone as. I would be standing up for myself as well. On the boyfriends and relationships, I always find it funny how women are often criticized for writing about their feelings while men who write about the same thing are praised. I think it's a matter of double standards in society.

Reputation is no doubt a different sound. Do I prefer her previous styles over this? Yes. That's just my preference. Just as your preference is that Reputation is not your cup of tea. You have every right to put your criticism out there. But to those who hate Taylor, her music, her image: please don't dismiss her talent. It's there. The fact that she knows how to get people talking about her is a talent itself. I'll always stand up for my girl. Love Taylor!

• Not gonna listen to it. Always disliked Taylor Swift, I'm not sure what everyone sees in her...

• I still love her, but miss the old Taylor. Why canโ€™t she just go back to singing cute country songs. I know sheโ€™s growing up past puppy love, but that doesnโ€™t mean she needs to go off the deep end, or worse, turn into Miley Cyrus.

• Never liked her but Taylor knows her target audience and needs to stay relevant to keep her career going as teenagers and college kids get older and stop listening and all of a sudden your target audience no longer finds you relevant. All Taylor's drama is faked and staged for PR purposes.

• All I know is that since she didn't come out with anything new that was appropriate I'm going to have to listen to "mean" on repeat Everytime I visit my baby sister for the rest of eternity

• She is an overrated, untalented shithead who gets stage light for no reason. I hope she will disappear forever.

• Taylor Swift is just about the only celebrity I actually dislike.

• I still think T Swift murder a ex boyfriend and no one knows about it lol.

• of course it is, its not like tswift was ever a good artist lol

• Volvagia, are you forgetting that the album 'Fearless' exists?

• @DanoMR98 oh sorry how could I forget Fearless? This calls for reevaluation...

Yup my opinion still stands, she SUCKS

• Was never a Taylor Swift fan. But who cares? She's rich and doing what she wants lol

• The album is awful. I never liked her music that much.

• She's okay.