9 Movies to Watch if You Are Single

1. Roman Holiday (1953) IMDb-8.1

Unlike most romantic tales, the beauty of the film lies in it's ending, love cannot blind responsibilities.

2. 500 Days Of Summer (2009) IMDb-7.7

Shatters concepts: β€œJust because she likes the same crap you do doesn’t mean she’s your soulmate"

3. Brokeback Mountain (2005) IMDb-7.7

The consequences of compromising and living by society's rules will forever leave you unhappy.

4. Blue Valentine (2010) IMDb-7.4

People change and so does the love for them. Romantic, realistic and disturbing.

5. An Education (2009) IMDb-7.3

Being young also means being swept off your feet easily. Teaches us some of those good old-school values.

6. Waitress (2007) IMDb-7.1

After having a broken marriage, despite a sexual escapade, Jeena's choice to be a single parent is uplifting.

7. Wild (2014) IMDb-7.1

A divorced woman decides to rebuild her life by hiking along the 1100 mile-long Pacific Crest Trail, to find herself.

8. Ghost (1990) IMDb-7

Some loves are everlasting and until you find that quality again, it's worth waiting. This pair will convince you.

9. How To Be Single (2016) IMDb-6.1

Newly single Alice with the help of her wild co-worker sets out to put herself above all else.

Before you jump to conclusions, these movies do not negate the idea of love. Rather they give a realistic version of it. Real life is not about "happily ever afters". It comes with real decisions and putting yourself above everything else is the message behind all these movies.

2124

Most Helpful Girl

• Ew nun of those except i do like Ghost but kinda sad to watch if single

Most Helpful Guy

• The title should be 9 movies to watch if your single or a couple XD. Nice MyTake XD.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 20

• I hate romance movies and I hate uplifting movies, they make me feel worse about myself. The movie I watch when it's Valentine's Day is "Fatal Attraction", cause it's so anti-romantic. I also watch slasher films and dark comedies whenever I'm upset or feeling depressed which is OFTEN. I don't believe in love, even though I really want to find it. I envy those who have good boyfriends. It makes me angry when I see people in love.

• I've seen Ghost, Brokeback Mountain and 500 Days of Summer. Not a big fan of Brokeback Mountain though. I wanna check out the rest especially How To Be Single and Roman Holiday.

• Have seen Waitress, Blue Valentine and How to be single. Would like to see 500 days of summer. Sounds interesting.

• 1, 8, and 7 are good, but 7 isn't really a romance.

• I've seen nearly all of these.
    Good list!

• How to be single is to date the only film I've ever walked out of the cinema halfway through.

• You have good taste in movies, I must say. πŸ‘

• and Manchester by the sea

• I'm not a big romance movie fan but I do like to watch romance comedy movies every now and then.

• I don't wanna watch them.

• American pie?

• Brokeback Mountain is my favorite movie!

• roman holiday !

• ghost is such a sad one :(

• Don't really watch movies but I'll try some of these

• I don't think that I've ever seen any of these. I'll have to give them a try. :)

• I'm not into romance movies but wild is a really good one!

• Half I've seen, the other half I've never heard of

• why only single ones? lol

• Couples can spend time together not waste in movies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• I LOVE Ghost!! Classic!

500 Days of Summer is good too.

Need to see the rest - I really want to see Wild! I'll pass on Brokeback Mtn...

What Guys Said 23

• Only seen Ghost on that list.

Brokeback Mountain - I'm not watching that one, ever.

• Let me guess, because it's about gays?

• @Kkaos but people still deal with the hate today yet it hardly stops them from lettin everyone know

• @DizzyDesii The hate today is nothing compared to what it was back then, iirc that movie was set in the 60s or something.

• These are great movie choices! I would also suggest "Blue is the Warmest Color". Its a bit sexy but very good.

• 1|2
  • Nah, i think I'm gunna stick to porn hahaha

• i was expecting ' how to be single on this list'...

• Why are so many of these movies disgustingly degenerate?

• I love this take. !!!

• Clockwork Orange

• I will watch Brokeback Mountain

• I don't think single people should watch movies about relationships. Too depressing. Not a fan of Ghost anyway tbh.

• why should i watch romantic movies as a single person? they make me jealous so i feel bad:(

• Have to disagree on Brokeback. Many ex-gays I've talked to on Facebook say that pursuing every whim of their imaginations failed to bring the happiness and fulfillment it promised. It only left them hungry for more, and capable of less.

• I would've thought some cool action movies or hilarious comedies would be more the go...

• 1. Roman Holiday (1953)

• How To Be Single was awful

• Only seen Ghost from that list of movies.

• I don't know about the last one.. The "How to be Single" movie I saw felt so cringe when I watched.

• where's Forrest?

• I reckon they'd be great to watch with a partner as well, no?

• I've seen all of these. Nothing crappy but nothing spectacular either.

• More from Guys
    3