1. It's good to be a little rough, but you also need to be respectful
Among the unwritten rules of being in a mosh pit is that anyone who falls, gets immediately picked up and anyone who gets hurt, gets immediately taken aside and taken care off. We're there to go crazy, but we're not barbarians.
2. Anything that can come off you, will come off you
Remember to put any accessories or valuables aside before going in, and if you have glasses, consider not keeping them on. I've had my glasses fly off, but gladly I'm a ninja and I caught them midair. Now I use my old glasses as mosh pit glasses and have bent them so they don't come off. My friend actually had his flip flop fly through the air once.. Why he was in a mosh pit in flip flops, I don't know...
3. There's different kind of pits..
The circle pit
The all directions pit
The jumping pit
And the ninja pit o_0
yeah I know..
4. If people start moving apart leaving a space in between, it's a wall of death
In a wall of death you run at each other and collide and it's fun for some reason. If you're not ready, that's okay, especially if you're small. Just move back to the crowd and join the pit once the collision is over.
5. You should take some breaks
It's quite a workout... It's good to go aside every once in a while and enjoy the show a bit and then go back fresh to get wild.
6. Get ready to release your inner animal
This is your chance to release some pressure and express yourself. Have fun, it's supposed to be!
..may your pits be jolly!
Have a good day!