Things You Should Know When Going Into a Mosh Pit

1. It's good to be a little rough, but you also need to be respectful

Among the unwritten rules of being in a mosh pit is that anyone who falls, gets immediately picked up and anyone who gets hurt, gets immediately taken aside and taken care off. We're there to go crazy, but we're not barbarians.

2. Anything that can come off you, will come off you

Remember to put any accessories or valuables aside before going in, and if you have glasses, consider not keeping them on. I've had my glasses fly off, but gladly I'm a ninja and I caught them midair. Now I use my old glasses as mosh pit glasses and have bent them so they don't come off. My friend actually had his flip flop fly through the air once.. Why he was in a mosh pit in flip flops, I don't know...

3. There's different kind of pits..

The circle pit

The all directions pit

The jumping pit

And the ninja pit o_0

yeah I know..

4. If people start moving apart leaving a space in between, it's a wall of death

In a wall of death you run at each other and collide and it's fun for some reason. If you're not ready, that's okay, especially if you're small. Just move back to the crowd and join the pit once the collision is over.

5. You should take some breaks

It's quite a workout... It's good to go aside every once in a while and enjoy the show a bit and then go back fresh to get wild.

6. Get ready to release your inner animal

This is your chance to release some pressure and express yourself. Have fun, it's supposed to be!

..may your pits be jolly!

Have a good day!

911
just_tired is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• love the take! I love metal concerts but I'm so little tht I'm a scaredy cat with moshing, though it looks fun as hell. that ninja pit though... I almost died laughing XD

• You might laugh, but I can't describe how much fun it is, when you just don't care what anybody thinks and just go ninja wild :D :D :D

• You would be a fool if it wasn't scary to you. As a girl you are naturally physically not as strong among a bunch of grown up men.

• @FakeName123 yeah man, last concert I was at, I was beside the pit. almost got crushed by a HUGE guy that flung himself out of the pit!

Most Helpful Guy

• once had a pit where a guy fell on the ground, within a second 6 dudes stood around him prevent others from getting near while another helped him up. they brought him to the edge of the pit moving in a circle, asked if he was okay or needed more help. the guy went back into the crowd and the dudes jumped right back in. been in many pits myself and 2 walls of death. never doing walls again they are a bit too much for me but pits remain fun. good take but I have to say that I think this only really applies to the metal scene. some of the other music genres that have pits are often more straight up brawls.

• Oh yeah, you might be right. I mostly only have experience from metal pits.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 8

• If I ever go moshing I’m taking your tips πŸ˜‰ tho I think I’d get tampled lol πŸ˜‚

• Nah.. I think there would guys and girls flying left and right ;)

• Yes πŸ™ˆ someone’s finger got caught in there ear and ugh πŸ˜‘ 🀒

• Damn.. I get shivers just thinking about it..

• Aaaah, I wanna go in a mosh pit so bad but I'm like 5'2 and a crybaby and Im scared πŸ’”πŸ˜‚πŸ’”

• Maybe try a smaller one at some point? It can be a bit overwhelming..

• being small is actually a blessing as long as you can stand your ground, since you can fit through heaps of people

• Oh for sure! I've met a lot of girls your size who can really kick ass!

• so basically people meet up to friendily throw themselves at other people? i'm confused.

• Hmmm... yeah pretty much! It's really freeing to just go wild while listening to wild music.

• it sounds weirdly fun but i am too small to join in and i am actually fond of my glasses. xD what kind of concerts have that sort of thing? is this common?

• Mostly in metal and hardcore punk gigs and yeah it's quite common. Glasses and being little are kind of a disadvantage in a pit, yeah...

• This post right here.
    Also dont forget to keep hydrated! all those people pack together generates a lot of body heat especially if its an indoor venue.

- nuff times I've seen people pass out and security had to fish them out lol

• Very good advice that I've never followed.. :D unless beer and booze counts..

• Aw thanks! Haha, yes it does XD
      Need to go to another one ~ they're so much fun!

• Same, haven't been in one in a while.

• Also some people smell like crap there and you can get badly injured

• Is it safeπŸ˜‚kinda want to try it

• The bigger you are, the better. It gets a bit rough, so, if you can't handle getting shoved around because you're too small, I don't recommend it

• Then I wouldn't do it, if I were you

• If it's a smaller pit and it's not at its rowdiest, then you could maybe give it a try, but it can get pretty rough..

• Thank you!

• Have a good day.

What Guys Said 10

• Omg I hate karate. It's so dumb and kills the mood to jump in the pit.

I also hate douchebags thinking it's fight club. I've been in some where they beat the shit out of everyone in the pit to the point that he's the only one in their. (P. s the crowd ganged up in him and kicked his ass tho lmao).

If you're a real metal head, you pick up whoever is on the ground, ask them "u ok buddy?", pat their back, and go back to moshing. Those are the best!

• And I've never been in a wall of death. I imagine it's brvtal for the people in the front πŸ˜‚

• Shit! That sounds agonizing 😱... I wanna try! πŸ˜‚

• It's magnificent! :'D

• The others look kinda stupid but the one where they run at each other looks fun, I enjoy rugby so I'd probably go too hard.

• I wonder what the women in Germany would have thought about this after many of them were raped and groped by muslim men.

• I love this piece. Mosh pit etiquette seems to have been long forgotten. Karate moshers and rednecks goku pushing have taken over!!!

I just saw In This Moment, POD and Ded for the start of their witching hour tour.

• one of my favourite memories as a musician is when a guy came up to me after a show and showed me the footlong wound gushing blood down his leg, exclaiming with pride "i got this in ur fucking pit dude"

• Cacausians are weird. Sorry, but it's ridiculous.

• i hate those frigging karate moshers man. moshing at small shows is always fun until the karate moshers come
    out

• Great take. I spent many
    Years moshing. But I hung up my moshing shorts after I dislocated my knee a few years back.

• mhmmmmm

• Never saw that weird circular stuff before.

Anyway too old to get into the pit anymore...