Does anyone believe in Horoscopes?

If yes but happened to you to believe in it?

• yes
  • no

812

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, I do not at all.

The main reason is that horoscopes are like fortune telling. I can't necessarily disprove that whatever they say is going to happen... but the fact of the matter is that the words are just words.
    It is also an example of the Barnum effect, "the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically for them, but are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people." Reading a horoscope supposedly tailored to them (their birthday in most cases), people will give high ratings and accept them. However, truth be told, they are general enough to apply to many people. It is all smoke and mirrors and illusions.

Hey, if they give whoever great joy and security in reading them, that is great. We need more joy in life, and these people can believe whatever they want. As for me, I don't believe in them and will place no trust in something like it. :)

Some examples of the Barnum effect in action:
    https://youtu.be/haP7Ys9ocTkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg5TMYOdSUA&feature=youtu.be&t=1m54s

• Skip to 1:54 on the second video if you don't want to watch the intro

• @Marstalk The Barnum effect is really quite fascinating stuff. I actually found the first video when we went over it in my psychology class

@asker Thanks for MHO

• i'am the one who should thank you for all of this precious informations :)