Guy, would you be uncomfortable with playing as a female protagonist in a video game?

I'm just curious because I saw a preview for a game that had a female protangonist and some guys in the comment section said they wouldn't buy it for that specific reason. I found this a little odd to me because I have no problems with playing as a dude. Guys would you have a problem with this?

• Yeah, I don't like playing the female character
    Vote A
  • Nah, I don't have an issue with it
    Vote B
  • I'm a girl
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Guys*

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never had a problem with it. I've played plenty of video games with female protaginsts. Sometimes i even choose to use a female character when you have the option to choose the gender. Usually they allow you more than one character, so i make a male and a female, or maybe two males and a female, or two females and a male... i honestly don't care. It adds variety, if anything.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see why that would be an issue. After all, girl gamers have to play as guy protagonists on many games especially older games and I can at least say I never cared. I'm sure guys won't care as much either having to play a girl.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I actually prefer female characters like Lara Croft in Tomb Raider, Jill Valentine in Resident Evil, Chun Li in Street Fighter, Kitana in Mortal Kombat, Seung Mi-Na in Soul Calibur, Ling Xiaoyu in Tekken, Tina Armstrong in Dead Or Alive etc.

img10.deviantart.net/.../...oft_17_by_nicobass.jpg

vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...7923360_o2.png

game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20030314/sc2207.jpg

www.shardsofambiguity.com/.../chun-li.jpg

static.comicvine.com/.../738323-ling_xiaoyu_7.jpg

static.comicvine.com/.../...6-3753749976-06-ki.jpg

img15.deviantart.net/.../...jihayabusa-d7eixa7.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • It's been a long while since I've actually played any video games.

I did play and completed Tomb Raider on my PS3 and the protagonist is a girl so I don't recall myself ever having Any kind of discomfort.

Bottom line is that the gameplay mattered most to me and not so much the game's protagonist (s). Who they are and what their gender is, is completely irrelevant to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually prefer to play with character male, and good compromise would be to have an gander choice, like in many RPG, even though that I know that in heavily story driven game it's harder to do, anyway if she would be as cool as Canoness Selena Agna, it's fine by me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfdYl4vPyKA

0|0
    0|0
  • Fine by me. I used Chun-Li all the time when I was a kid.

www.fightersgeneration.com/.../chunli-hdstance.gif

0|1
    0|0
  • *Coughs*
    Lara Croft
    Samus
    Any RPG lets you play as both and guys often play as girls.
    Whatever the chick in the new Assasin's Creed name is.
    Bayonetta
    Countless more.

Dudes have never had a problem with it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • orig13.deviantart.net/.../..._ucantw1n-d9e9boq.gif

well this is like a no gender character

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL my home-boy Dusty lays it out here :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEI_5UWH56s

0|0
    0|0
  • "Nah, I don't have an issue with it" Naw I prefer it + Lana Croft <3

0|0
    0|0
  • How stupid. I would and I have. Terra from Final Fantasy VI is a girl and I've played the game before and am playing it again now, actually. It's an amazing game

0|0
    0|0
    • Mirror's edge also looks interesting, but I've never played it. I would give it a chance anytime , though

• Not at all, it's the same thing as playing as male protagonist. I can honestly see no difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you are right - Girls have been playing as dudes for years without complaining

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't care less if it were boy or girl. As long as it's a good game

0|1
    0|0
  • Tomb Raider is an all-time popular series that has a female protagonist!

0|0
    0|0
  • No problem at all. Do it all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, it's the opposite. I prefer playing with them

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all. Some of my favorite games are tomb raider and portal where you play as a girl, I actually like it when it's a girl because it shows that girls can be bad ass too and it's kind of hot to be honest. Lol!

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Really?

People actually care about the sex of... a bunch of pixels on a screen?

You should not care. If you give even the tiniest fraction of a shit, there's an identity problem there.
    What about having a son and a daughter? Would you have a "favorite" there, too?

That question has a right answer and a wrong answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any guy that complains about being a female protagonist is going to have to apologize to me for the years of me playing as a male protagonist.

Also, I find that when you're allowed to create a character in a video game that there are quite a few guys who create female characters, so I don't think a female protagonist should bother them that much... not the perverts, at least. :P

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes