What is your favourite film noir movie?

What is your favourite film noir movie?

What is your favourite film noir movie?
What is your favourite film noir movie?
What is your favourite film noir movie?
What is your favourite film noir movie?
What is your favourite film noir movie?

What is your favourite film noir movie?
What is your favourite film noir movie?
What is your favourite film noir movie?

What is your favourite film noir movie?

59

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, okay, I liked the Maltese Falcon, but yr probly gna say that's a cop-out answer.

Double Indemnity is pretty much the one that started it all, so, that's a good place to start.

They Live By Night is good, too. When you watch that one, you must keep in mind that "teenager" is a concept that literally did not exist yet, at that point in time. Wasn't a thing at all. You were a kid, then bam! adulthood. Gives the kid in a tie and a leather jacket a whole new dimension.

And, The Killers. Because Kitty is fuckin' hot. The way she rocks that dress, and is so nonchalant about it? Work it girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• What's the one where the insurance guy plots with some wife to kill her husband?
    Double Indemnity?
    That was pretty awesome.
    They showed it in theaters this summer and I went and saw it with my fam.

• That's the one. That's also pretty much universally regarded as the first genuine example of the FN genre.

• I mean, it set a standard, for sure, but I wouldn't say THE standard. It's rare for the pioneering work in any field to be THE standard.

"The" would be more like Maltese Falcon. Or Sunset Blvd, which, ironically, was Billy Wilder's (director of Double Indemnity) only other noir film.

• @redeyemindtricks Sunset Blvd is my favourite one