Which do you prefer DC or Marvel?

• DC
  • Marvel

720

Most Helpful Guy

• Answering this question and choosing a side is as painful to me as trying to tear my own arm off. I grew up with both Marvel and DC, and both Marvel and DC have characters I love equally. For example, Marvel have Spider-Man, Captain America and Daredevil. Meanwhile, DC have the Flash, Superman and Batman. Both sides have good story arcs from the comics and good TV shows (Marvels "Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D" and DC's "The Flash" and "Arrow") and movies (Marvel Cinematic Universe and DC' The Dark Knight Trilogy). However, in the end, I would have to choose Marvel, because Marvel has Spider-Man, my favorite superhero.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always liked Marvel more. I always felt like DC focused on the plot whereas Marvel focused on the characters, though neither of them are bad, in my opinion.

• Not really. I think this only applies if you compare Marvel's largest set of characters (X-Men), and DC largest set of characters (Green Lantern). If you compare The Uncanny X-Men comics versus any Green Lantern comic book you'd see the X-Men and most of the villains are more developed than all of the Green Lanterns and their villains.

Other than that, I think every other character of DC is very well developed just as the Marvel characters. If anything, each Batman villain has extensive backgrounds and even different variations of their origins, without counting alternate Universes of either DC or Marvel.