What are your thoughts on Leo finally winning an Oscar?

It's happened, everyone!

3046

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• He is a great actor. I think he deserves it
    Though it's sad that now on there won't be posts about the old 'poor Leo no Oscar' memes. :P

What Guys Said 45

• I found a website that has already uploaded the video in case anyone is interested:
    www.gossipcop.com/.../

I was hoping he'd make a reference to how everyone has been waiting for him to win and all the internet jokes etc., but instead he went to a spiel about climate change :(

• About damn time too

• I lost faith in the Oscars when 'The Dark Knight Rises' wasn't even nominated. So yeah, it's completely biased. Not taking anything away from Leo (he deserved the Oscar), but the Oscars are a joke.

• Understandable. Agh, The Dark Knight Rises was so good.

• Yeah! Many other movies in the past have also been overlooked. The bunch of so-called 'experts' who decide the awards are biased on so many levels.

• It's great, he deserved it after all those years... guess we can't use the memes anymore xD
    cdn.smosh.com/.../leo-dicaprio-oscar-one.jpg

His acceptance speech was really graceful and elegant though :D

• I love that one, hahahaha. We are all upset about the memes here! I definitely agree about his speech, too. He could've been a real ass with it. xD

• I honestly thought he would go up there and say..."Well it's about damn time bitches" xD But nope he kept it classy and even brought up awareness for global warming

• I would've loved to have seen that.

• Finally!!! I mean he's white

• I didn't watch the Oscars (thank goodness), but I saw online he won the Oscar and I was like "FINALLY!!!" xD I think he deserved it several other times, and I'm glad he finally got it. He's one of the best actors out there, and it would've been a shame that he retired with no golden figurine.
    I haven't seen his movie yet, though, but I want to watch it pretty bad, just gotta wait till it comes out in good quality.

• by the way, that speech though. It was awesome!

• You don't pirate? It came out on screener a week before it hit theaters.

• @cjmtherfcker I do, but I like it at least with DVDrip quality. DVDscreener is too bad.

• He's never done anything remotely worthy of an Oscar in the past.

• His lack of Oscars would agree with you. :P

• Blood diamond, wolf of wall street, and Departed where all excellent acting performance's. Shutter island was good as well

• All were well-done but unremarkable IMHO.

• I kinda wanted the joke of him not winning to continue but I guess he does deserve it.

• I can't help but feel he only got one because he's a good actor who doesn't have one. It just seems so forced and pre-planned. The revenant wasn't even that good a movie for mine.

He should've gotten one for shutter island.

• I found out because of this question :D :)
    Yay, finally! Give that man a cookie!!
    I'm kinda sad that the memes will stop now...
    Definitely have to see the movie (when it gets online ofc)

• You're welcome for the breaking news! Hahaha. Yeah, the memes are funny, but it's nice his hard work has paid off. I still need to see the movie as well.

• armenpress.am/static/news/b/2016/01/832266.jpg

Now, I'm not saying anything...

• Bout damn time his talent was recognized. Now all they gotta do is recognize my greatness and we're good to go.

• I think the bear has a good chance... I just hope Leo is not disappointed when the bear does take it home.

• Finally! Now all this talking about him not getting and Oscar can stop!

• xD But what else can we chat about?

• Everyone was saying he deserved it, I haven't watched The Revenant yet, so I can't really say if he really deserved it in my opinion or not, but I don't think I'll have many reasons to doubt it. He's a famous actor who played good roles in famous films like "Titanic", "The Man in the Iron Mask", "The Wolf of Wall Street" and so on, so maybe it was really time for him to get an Oscar with this last film.

• You are the first I hear this from. The internet's gonna explode now.

• Finally! (I don't know too much about the Oscars at all but this seemed like the most appropriate thing to say right now 😛 )

• Personally I thought his performance in blood diamond, wolf of wall street, and Djhango were all better than this one. But as a top actor he should have gotten one a while ago

• Loved The Wolf of Wall Street and Django Unchained. I haven't seen Blood Diamond.

• Now that I think about it. He was pretty darn good in the departed maybe his best performance

• Its fricken awesssssoooommme

• I liked his speech more than anything.

• couldn't care less lol

• Haha, there are others here who think exactly the same!

• I don't watch many movies... so I also don't care about the oscars and things like that

• I don't watch the Oscars either. I just thought that tidbit was interesting since he's gone so long without one. ;P

• I couldn't care less.

• Who gives a shit?

• i wish he didn't

• Bought Friggin time! He won me over all the way back in whats eating gilbert grape!

• I don't care

• Personally I think he's an idiot. When are these stars gonna realize we pay them well to entertain us, not for them to shed their wisdom upon us. Especially since they seem to be the most misinformed group of people in the country.

• Ah, well, I think he was humble with his speech. He could've been a lot more arrogant, haha.

• Thanks, he is a pretty good actor though.

• Definitely agree there. :)

• No pains on gain
    Even though he is handsome, industrious, genius actor
    it took more than 20 years to get reward..
    yep, as a normal guy like me, really need to word hard to get acheivements

• I don't think there's anyone in the acting industry that deserved one more than him.

Of course, everyone knows he never got one before because he's white...

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 29