Do you americans watch foreign movies?

I mean do you watch bollywood movies, korean dramas, french movies, italian movies...

1113

Most Helpful Guy

1112
  • Absolutely. Some of my favorites films are french. Right now I'm watching a DVD that was filmed in Taipei and Germany called "Ghosted". I love the film "Chocolat" filmed in Camaroon.

• I'm not much of a movie person, so I don't watch a lot of American and Hollywood movies either. But, after a few certain classes at my college, I've been exposed to various European films and a couple of Chinese (I think?) films as well. I don't remember the names, and it was hard for me to keep up with them because I'm not very fast at reading subtitles! It's interesting to compare the cinematography and lighting styles of different directors from other cultures though! If I had a longer attention span, I'd try to get into foreign movies more, because they look more interesting than the typical movies the U. S. seems to be producing nowadays.

• If Tumblr is to believed they watch nothing but British television and gawp at how perfect Britain is without actually knowing anything about the joint.

• i don't go out of my way to watch them, but i had to watch movies in italian class and i've seen plenty of foreign movies

• I saw Slumdog millionaire, and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon lol

Nope, pretty Americanized as far as movies go.

• I do. And I love them. Spanish and Korean movies are killlling it.

• I'm ashamed to say no. But does anyone make movies better than Hollywood USA?

• Occasionally the intouchables was incredible and spirited away is one of my favourite movies.

• The Intouchables is Da BOMB Omar Sy is hilarious in it haha!

• YES, WE WATCH ITALIAN AND FRENCH MOVIES AS WELL. NOT KOREANS

• fuck yeah man.

amelie

• I watch Japanese anime._. That counts?

• Some

• Yes if I can find it sub!

• Yes. I watch a lot for my major lol

• For example?

• Brazilian films*

• Incendies**
      Can't spell in French sorry lol

• Yes I love foreign movies

• Yes I do but not bollywood movies

• I watch Bollywood sometimes.

• Of course. Good movies/shows are good universally.

• Jackie chan 😉 Yep foreign movies

• Sure, especially if you classify British as foreign more than half the time. About 40% American and 60% foreign. It would be more if it were up to me alone.

• i don not. not for a particular reason just dont

• hell no. foreigners have shitty movies.

• Yes Furious 7 is better lol