Is this the new type celebrity?

Is social media famous the new type of celebrity? What do people mean when they say being famous on social media is like being rich in monopoly.

73

Most Helpful Guy

• Social media has real people, you know that, right? And its not that new. People have been using social media to get famous for plenty of years. You probably just noticed it

Most Helpful Girl

• because being famous on social media doesn't even get u money unless ur on youtube or know how to manipulate ur situation for endorsements.

• Wrong, I'm far from social media "famous" and even I already am offered real money for promoting brands on my Instagram!
      It's crazy how much people underestimate the power of social media..

• @Asker exactly, you just need to have a theme, a bit of creativity & some knowledge of photography to work with - it's absolutely no rocket science but it takes some patience

• @Jxpxtxr Ya. Its about presenting this ideal image which is easier on sites like tumblr and instagram. It's also a lot easier to capture ppls attention than say youtube.