Please help: What is this movie called?

I remember watching a movie when I was really little (maybe 7 or so), but I don't remember enough to figure out what the movie was. I'd really like to watch it again.

The only thing I remember is that the movie was about a little girl. She is perceived as crazy, and has some kind of dark backstory. In a few scenes, you see her school desk, and it's covered in various writings. Later in the movie, someone is exploring an old house that has some kind of ties to the missing little girl, and they find a bed with a lot of markings on the bottom of it.

That's all I can remember. It'd be really helpful if someone knows what this movie is called.

10