Would you bike across Scotland :p?

Would you bike across Scotland :p ?East

2

West
Would you bike across Scotland :p?
Would you bike across Scotland :p?

1620

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds cool. And if it's really only 65 miles you could easily easily do it in a day.

Most Helpful Guy

1519
  • Yes - my friend hiked from the southernmost to the northernmost tip of the UK - that or on a bike sounds awesome (and not just Scotland!).

Also hi, I thought you had left!

• Not any more. Too old with bad knees and bad back. At one time I would have done it. If that's 65 miles I used to ride that about every 1.5 - 2 days. It looks pretty hilly though, so that can slow things down. But hey, what goes up must come down. :)

At one time I was tentatively planning an 1800 mile trip across the US. It fell through for various reason, including getting my bike stolen. It would have taken some aggressive riding to do it before school started. (Over 100 - 120 miles a day if I remember right.)

• daamnnn that's awesome! I'll need to USA one day xD

• You can actually cycle on the motorway in the US?

Oh yeah Canada to Alaska would be very similar to Scotland but longer ofc! Are the roads smaller and less busy in Canada/Alaska?

Hmm it'd be amazing if you could but I don't think so I'll have to check that! Oh yeah, taking a solid road bike, a strong bag, camping kit but efficiently packed, and money etc and I'd be set for Asia! Reminds me of those rowers who rowed across the Atlantic in a solid small efficient rowing boat with sleeping quarters and everything, so exciting xD
      And i definitely agree with you there important while young

• You used to be able to ride on some highways. I don't know if you still can. It's up to the states and maybe locality. The route I tentatively had planned had a section of highway that I wasn't sure about. If I couldn't ride that portion the trip would increase by at least a few hundred miles.

The route up to Alaska goes through some large remote areas. I assume there is very little traffic. I don't even know if it's paved all the way yet.

Have you seen this site? This guy is a gamer and posted it in a game forum. Nobody believed he did it so he posted a link.
      www.walkhighlands.co.uk/.../viewtopic.php

• Its only 65 miles it says. The one you gave an as example. I drive that on a single day if I wanted to.

• If I knew how to ride a bike, I would. In my case I'd just walk.

• No but can we bike across Poland? Is that possible? Pls? Pail pls? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

• You and I <3

Wait did you actually bike this distance? (I should probably re-read our conversations haha)

• I would have to do a lot of training first, but maybe. I don't like camping though so that could be a problem.

• @takumii @sixnineanon @ordinarygentleman

Just tagging because we coming out

• Nah, they give you shit if they think you're English. lol

• I mountain bike a lot so this would be hella fun to do.

• That's 8 hours with breaks.
    Easily achievable but sore legs stimulator.

• Yes I would as long as i can't like stop and camp several times. Im not trying to die.

• I knew this was your question, haha. That first photo is still gorgeous to me. ๐Ÿ˜

• I would want to cuz it's my favorite but I would die

• How many kilometres is that?

• Sure, that's a relatively short distance.

• I'd rather hike and take my time.

• Yea, but I'd rather bike around Scotland.

• How many kilos is that?

• sounds good brother sign me up :D

• Yeah sure it would take me 5 years.

• Feck yes I would

• You know I would! Haha. :P

• Totally. It looks really beautiful.

• I could make it across Monaco maybe

• Yup I would

• I wouldn't even bike across the street.

• Sure

• Id love to!

• fuck yah

• sure, i want to try that, sounds fun

• Possibly.

• Add to bucket list.

• I wanted to before, and across England. But i never got round to it haha...

• really, you were going to go?

• I live in London so I'm very used to riding in heavy traffic, so don't mind it too much. Yea i wanted to with my brother and a few friends. My brother has done it a couple of times for charity.

• Oh that's awesome. And yeah living in London you'd be very experienced with road traffic and all