Would you bike across Scotland :p?

Would you bike across Scotland :p ?East

2

West

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds cool. And if it's really only 65 miles you could easily easily do it in a day.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

What Guys Said 19

• Not any more. Too old with bad knees and bad back. At one time I would have done it. If that's 65 miles I used to ride that about every 1.5 - 2 days. It looks pretty hilly though, so that can slow things down. But hey, what goes up must come down. :)

At one time I was tentatively planning an 1800 mile trip across the US. It fell through for various reason, including getting my bike stolen. It would have taken some aggressive riding to do it before school started. (Over 100 - 120 miles a day if I remember right.)

• daamnnn that's awesome! I'll need to USA one day xD

• You can actually cycle on the motorway in the US?

Oh yeah Canada to Alaska would be very similar to Scotland but longer ofc! Are the roads smaller and less busy in Canada/Alaska?

Hmm it'd be amazing if you could but I don't think so I'll have to check that! Oh yeah, taking a solid road bike, a strong bag, camping kit but efficiently packed, and money etc and I'd be set for Asia! Reminds me of those rowers who rowed across the Atlantic in a solid small efficient rowing boat with sleeping quarters and everything, so exciting xD
      And i definitely agree with you there important while young

• You used to be able to ride on some highways. I don't know if you still can. It's up to the states and maybe locality. The route I tentatively had planned had a section of highway that I wasn't sure about. If I couldn't ride that portion the trip would increase by at least a few hundred miles.

The route up to Alaska goes through some large remote areas. I assume there is very little traffic. I don't even know if it's paved all the way yet.

Have you seen this site? This guy is a gamer and posted it in a game forum. Nobody believed he did it so he posted a link.
      www.walkhighlands.co.uk/.../viewtopic.php

• Its only 65 miles it says. The one you gave an as example. I drive that on a single day if I wanted to.

• Totally. It looks really beautiful.

• How many kilometres is that?

• @takumii @sixnineanon @ordinarygentleman

Just tagging because we coming out

• I'd rather hike and take my time.

• I could make it across Monaco maybe

• Nah, they give you shit if they think you're English. lol

• How many kilos is that?

• That's 8 hours with breaks.
    Easily achievable but sore legs stimulator.

• fuck yah

• sure, i want to try that, sounds fun

• Sure

• Yea, but I'd rather bike around Scotland.

• sounds good brother sign me up :D

• Possibly.

• I mountain bike a lot so this would be hella fun to do.

• Yeah sure it would take me 5 years.

• Add to bucket list.