Why Grunge fans hate “Hair” Rock/Metal?

Feelings are mutual mind you!

Just curious about their own point of view, though.

35

Most Helpful Guys

• They just don't appreciate the level of skill needed to go into making a song back then. To them, it's just "over produced trash". Never mind that all guitarists in the 80s would've needed to be experts at guitar tech, since they played solos in almost every song. Never mind that a rhythm section in a typical 80s band (bass, drums, keyboards, sax) would've needed countless hours of practice to complement each other, the guitarist, and the singer. Never mind that most of those band members would've also had to have been good singers, since 80s songs often had intricate vocal harmonies. Never mind the amount of skill and dedication needed to be able to pull all of this off live.

Most grunge band members would've never made it in AOR or hair rock bands.

• they just dont like the rock star attitude i guess.

Most Helpful Girls

• Hair metal is generally more upbeat. I love it but I guess grunge fans would probably like something darker.

• They're music snobs