The Chicken Coop Murders. The real story behind the movie "The Changeling". Have you ever heard or read about this?

How fucked up is this? I just happened to hear this story today. I'm not all that into horror/scream movies, so I've never seen The Changeling, but I've heard of it. There are several books from various angles about this fucked up perverted murderer... including one about his nephew Sanford Clark (The Road Out Of Hell) who survived the ordeal, and amazingly came out fairly "normal'.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever read about these heinous crimes back in 1928. One documentary I saw, pointed out that it was much easier to be "a creeper" back then without raising suspicion... as well as the lack of telephones in the average home.

https://murderpedia.org/male.N/n/northcott-gordon.htm

The Chicken Coop Murders. The real story behind the movie

159

Most Helpful Guy

• I had never heard of those murders. There were many grisly and bizarre events hidden in the decades of the 1920's and 1930's, primarily due to the inefficiency in news distribution/dissemination. Undoubtedly, if this happened today, many would be protesting his death penalty!

• True, but then he'd have likely been raped and murdered in prison.

• The American Eugenics Movement being one of them. It is amazing really that in light of how much awareness the defeat of Nazi Germany entailed, we were able to sweep our own history and role in their atrocities under the rug.

• Thanks for MHO. Congratulations on last night's victory!

Most Helpful Girl