Is it okay for a guy to listen to Taylor Swift?

I swear I don't listen to her, but because of the hype, I checked her songs out and found two of them to be good. Can I listen to them despite being a straight guy?

• You can safely listen to her, fella 🎧
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 🙉
Select a gender to cast your vote:

4480

Most Helpful Girl

• It's perfectly okay to listen to Taylor swift if you are a guy. Even if you are straight it's okay. It's okay to like what you like. Don't let people try to tell you that you have to like certain things because of who you are attracted to or what you look like, etc...

The thing about humans is, they are all unique. I find it sad when people have to shame others for liking different things. I have a very wide range of what I listen to musically. I appreciate many different types of music. I find people like to push me into a small box due to how I look. I'm a blonde girl who works an office job. A lot of people have a hard time understanding how I could like metal or classic rock. But I do!

Many people assume because I'm young I only like certain artists. But I am always on the look out for new artists.

So don't be afraid to listen to what you want!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 43

• No! You can listen to one direction. :P >:D

• LOOOOOL masculinity is so fragile. 😂
    Literally:
    33.media.tumblr.com/.../...hcDGDA1s2yegdo1_400.gif

Listen to whatever you want, jesus.

• Actually he's not being masculine. Masculinity is about not caring what people think. He's doing the opposite of that.

• @Homebakedcookies Thats how I see masculinity as, but majority of guys think their masculinity is "hurt" or worry about being perceived as "gay" if they listen to female artists or hold their girlfriend's handbag for them which is really not the case at all, hence why for some guys masculinity is so fragile to them, while the real manly guys really don't give a fuck.

• Why wouldn't it be okay to listen to one of best singers out there? She's literally amazing anyone who know's anything knows that.

• It's not OK for ANYONE to listen to Taylor swift

• Which ones did you find good?

• No. Men can't play with barbies, girls can't play with fake guns or action figures.

So, you sure as HECK can't listen to Taylor Swift songs!

• Yes, you can! Girl power. 😝

• how much longer do you think you maintain this ruse that you are actually a straight guy?
    Jk
    Of course you can listen to whatever you enjoy.

• It's not ok for anyone to listen to Taylor Swift XD
    I like This is What You Came For-she wrote it haha.

• "I swear I don't listen to her" and so what if you do?😂😂
    if you liked the songs then great if not then also great. Just do what u like, we don't really care what you listen to 😂

• Listen is ok. Dating her is forbidden unless you want to hear a song about you making her the victim. You choice.

• There's nothing wrong with that. Music is for everyone to enjoy, not just for certain types of people.

• Why wouldn't it be?

• You can listen to whatever you'd like

• Try her earlier songs before she started sing pop I like them better.

• I hate everyone that listen to her

• LMFO! Sometimes I go through her's and Justin Bieber's. You need to go through this phase to find appreciation for real good music. You're fine :)

• If I can listen to this without having a glorious 5 incher, then you can listen to Taylor Swift.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHs5cg5RIu8

• LOLOL

• I guess lol but I hate her songs and she pisses me off for some reason she has a punch-able face :(

• Ugh.. yeah dude. I'm a straight girl and I listen to many guy musicians lol

• Listen to what ever the fuck you want and be proud

• I don't think music defines a person sexual orientation or masculinity.

Unless we're talking about Justin Bieber

• Just music

• Yes it is, Just ask @Titanic1912

• Uhhh, listen to what ever the fuck you want and if someone tells you differently tell them to piss off.

• No, you have become gay as a result of listening to her.

• You do you ✌

• yes you can listen to whoever you want... who cares what please say

• More from Girls
    13

What Guys Said 79

• Its fine to listen to a female artist, I listen to Avril lavigne. the only rule to that is that you can't sing it under any circumstance.

• Avril lavigne is goddess. I proudly listen to her.

• You should check out their Riot album, Its awsome.

• I will :) 👍

• Of course! Just put on your heels and pantyhose and you'll be absolutely fine :D
    Just joking mate - obviously it's perfectly fine to listen to whatever you like!

• Well, you can listen to whatever you want. But you must realise that as a 21 year old guy, you aren't expected to to listen to music like that. It's one of those things where you couldn't just throw at this song of you were hanging out with your male peers and expect them praise for it. Instead, you would be reward with ridiculing stares of "Really?" because isn't a socially acceptable thing to showcase music that isn't popular for what people our age listen to. That's the sad truth.

I love all genres of music but the only kind of music I can get away with bringing up is mainstream popular hip hop and rnb (and some dancehall). I would never be able to bring up something like jpop or jazz because I would just be get ridiculing stares like I just farmed out loud in public.

It's kind of the same thing where you can only talk about mainstream FPS and sports games because that is what the typical person of our age demographic would be interested in playing. If I brought up a game like resonance of fate, I would look at someone who is "different" and get those "huh?" stares

• It's fine, but being overly concerned with what other people think and being ashamed of your opinions, especially for something trivial like music, is pretty sad.

• Grow a set of nuts a listen to whatever you like. I listen to everything from Taylor Swift to Behemoth, T. I. to Colbie Caillat, Dean Martin to Bassnecter, etc

• Why would there be a problem if a man listened to Taylor Swift?
    I like Taylor Swift. She is beautiful, she can sing and she likes to make fun of herself. For example, the promotional videos for Picture to Burn
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCMqcFAigRg
    and Blank Space
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ORhEE9VVg

• Well I say, everyone can listen to whatever the fuck they want to listen to when it comes to music, as nobody can control them anyway and dictate what the fuck they can or is only allowed to listen to or Not allowed to listen to.

• The only issue is that Taylor Swifts songs are mostly all about ex's which gets really old fast. As it all sounds like they are made up after while.

• If you like it, what does it matter what others think?

Yes, mostly girls like it, but if you like it, then go for it. Never mind the rest

• Never heard anything more about her but her name. But what's wrong in a guy listening to her?

• In the west, people think it's it's gay to listen to her. It's a girly thing.

• Even European peeps do think that :D

• The Brits have been taking cues from the Americans for years for various political reasons that the general populace doesn't realise & rest of Europe (well most) takes cues from England now for eons

• I used to. Until she sold out and turned from the innocent country sweetheart that she (allegedly) pretended to be into the techno-pop diva that she is now.

• People listen to whoever they want, it's none of my business. Therefore, it's okay, I don't discuss musical preferences, they differ a lot and like I said, it's none of my business.

• I voted no just because the question is stupid.

• 0|0
  • T swift is my jam 😎

• Mix it with some dubstep/drum'n'bass/triphop beats on some turntables and you got a manly song you can play in the car with the windows down.

• 39 yo telling me to listen to dubstep?
      FAITH IN HUMANITY, RESTORED!

• I'm a musician! I even mixed Chopin and Beethoven to dubstep and came up with wicked lyrics.. actually doing some dubstep tonight with the boys.

• That's so cool. Good luck :)

• No... -100 man points

• music is music, no matter where it comes from... let it be Taylor swift or metallica

• Not for me. I fucking hate Swift, since she constantly sings about boyfriend breakups and feminazi rhetoric. I also don't like her fanbase, who are mostly mean and nasty teenage girls who bite like crocodiles.

If anything, I feel like taking Swift to the fish-packing plant and using crane machinery to drop crates on her. Or driving a forklift right up her carthole.

• And go to concerts with 98% chicks?
    I think that'd be fine.

• If you're confident/secure in your manhood.. Sure... lip sync/karioke that shit, LOL;-P

• Yeah personally, I'd keep that one to yourself, if I were you :D

• Yes. It's quite safe to listen to her songs and be a straight male at the same time.
    I'd be more concerned with your tendency to fall for peer pressure. Hypes are for hive minded idiots who lack the ability to think for themselves.

• Most definitely, listen to whomever you like.

• I think you should listen to whatever you like... Don't let society dictate your choice of music

• Sure. but he can't call himself a guy if he does

• Really wtf? Some songs are really good. So you listen to music that society judge for you? That's not ok for me.

• hear no evil
    i only listen to good art
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg

• More from Guys
    49

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more