Are any of you a fan of the Mortal Kombat franchise?

Any GAGers here interested or is a fan of the Mortal Kombat Video Game franchise?

Who here likes and play any of the Mortal Kombat games?

For those that aren't what do or did you think of them?

For those had played Mortal Kombat games before which ones did you played?

Which Mortal Kombat games do you own or liked or enjoyed most? Which ones did you disliked? Or didn't like?

Who's next?

MK fans of GAG, where are you?
One last bump. Who else likes and plays any of the MORTAL KOMBAT! Games here? Or watched any of the movies? Or read any of the comic books? Or maybe owned any of the action figures or toys? Or even music CDs such as Soundtracks CDs?
1 y ago
Minor bump, since I guess I still have not closed this question yet.
1 y ago
Who's next?

1324

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. "Any GAGers here interested or is a fan of the Mortal Kombat Video Game franchise?"

Game franchise? well I have no idea about the game franchise as such but I have played a Mortal Kombat game before.

2. "Who here likes and play any of the Mortal Kombat games?"

Yes, I have played a Mortal Kombat game before.

3. "For those had played Mortal Kombat games before which ones did you played?"

I don't really remember which Mortal Kombat game, but I think MK4, I used to play that game in the year 2001 though.

4. "Which Mortal Kombat games do you own or liked or enjoyed most? Which ones did you disliked? Or didn't like?"

I don't own Mortal Kombat games anymore and I don't play them now.

• 1 y ago

@JudgmentDay

"If you said the screenshot is correct then it's 4. That was the last MK game they made and released at the arcades, since that's where it all began. After that all the games were either on home console systems or PC."

Well, as I said it's been almost 17 years since I played that game last, I think I played this last in the beginning of 2002, the good thing is I still remember the main fighter's screen of that game. I had an idea it was Mk4.

I don't know if they made any future versions of MK for PC releases or not, but if they didn't then it's really surprising that they didn't go forward with that in that last 17-18 years.

• 1 y ago

@serious They did. Eventually the whole franchise had a complete retcon and re-boot in 2011 or known to some as Mortal Kombat 9, since it was the ninth game part of the main series. And the latest game is Mortal Kombat X or Mortal Kombat XL. You can get them here on Steam:

store.steampowered.com/.../

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/128345/

www.g2a.com/.../mortal-kombat-arcade-kollection-steam-key-global-i10000043815004

You can always wait for a discounted sale first if the price is too much, because, that's what I would do.

Unfortunately they didn't re-release MK4 on Steam, at least not at this time yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only played the 2011 reboot. I might have played one of the earlier games too but it was more casual.

• Mortal Kombat X / Mortal Komba XL is what got me interested again and had my attention again on the franchise. Especially when I realized they had added the Predator, Alien, Jason Voorhees as guest characters to the game.

I had also seen someone play the 2011 reboot, which is essentially almost the same thing as Mortal Kombat Trilogy with exceptions the Bosses are unplayable in MK "9" (2011 reboot), but the majority of the original cast from the first 3 MK games is in that game's roster, with a completely overhauled and retconned background plot and everything.