Do you remember the "Berenstein" Bears? Or was it "Berenstain" in your memory?

Apparently, this is a big deal on the internet, causing many people to speculate about parallel universes converging. Lots of people (including myself) remember it with an E, while if you buy a book now, it will have an A.

Which one was it for you?
  • Berenstein
  • Berenstain

813

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's an e. I always remember it sounding like "stein" or "sty-en." Not "stain." Maybe someone goofed up with the spelling one day and they decided to make a permanent change.

• The last name of the authors is Berenstain (married couple).

• Maybe the English language changed overall. It made sense to call it Berenstein when the show was made, but now mainly people feel more comfortable saying Berenstain. It's one letter off so it really doesn't matter. It isn't like the entire name was changed.

I imagine people used to pronounce words differently. Like in some places, they'll spell "color" as "colour." It's an accent thing.

• Geez okay ignore my typos. I have insomnia. I meant maybe instead of mainly.