Gamers... Stylized or photorealistic graphics?

Gamers... Stylized or photorealistic graphics?Gamers... Stylized or photorealistic graphics?
For me, stylized... Any day

• Gamers... Stylized or photorealistic graphics?Stylized
  • Gamers... Stylized or photorealistic graphics?Realistic

1235

Most Helpful Guy

• "Realistic" almost always looks like crap because it doesn't look realistic, there are way too many things in any game for artists to give enough attention to detail to make every part look realistic. There will usually be like one or two scenes that look amazing and the rest looks mediocre.

Styled is better, but I feel like the game dev industry has been dry of genuine creative vision for a long time... or maybe not dry, maybe too pressured with business requirements.

Whatever it is I don't play games anymore but still have to go with stylized.

• I agree. And it might look good for it's time but they eventually fade. You can just look at some of the older COD games. But I think stylized games on the PS2 still look good (if you get past the resolution and other stuff)

• Yeah. I like the stylized graphics of a lot of old-school games, especially late 90's / early 00's isometric "cRPGs". The artistic vision doesn't get dated even if the tech does... but if the game is lacking in artistic creativity, then the tech looks dated

Most Helpful Girl

• I dislike realistic because it becomes out dated graphic wise pretty fast.

I like stylized more. ^^