Are men really better drivers than women?

Who's the safer driver? Are men really better drivers than women??

1741

Most Helpful Guy

• Any insurance agent will say that women are lower risk. But that is absolute risk, not risk per distance driven under exactly the same conditions. Just to make up some numbers, if men drive twice as much on average as women, if everything else is equal you'd expect them to have twice as many accidents. So from an insurance point of view the risk is twice as great. I doubt if it is double, but I have no doubt that men drive considerably more on average.

As far as who is actually better at it, I have no idea. I doubt if even the insurance companies know. For one thing, it would be difficult to define a good driver and it would be somewhat subjective. All I know is that I've never noticed an obvious difference. If there is a difference it's not enough to stand out.

Most Helpful Girl

• On the whole, women are safer driver (take less risks) but men are better drivers (as in ability to drive). I would prefer a women in the wheel because of these facts.