Does anyone else think slam poetry is absolute shit?

Remember when we used to teach people that screaming and yelling was not a good way to get your point across? Welp, it STILL isn't a good way to get any point across and pretending it's poetry doesn't change that. I hate slam poetry. It makes me cringe every time.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• i've never been into it really. however, i did see some creepy ones coming from new age feminists. one in specific where she was saying "she was out to ruin your life." it was horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NejoQMQ5FoA

• Social justice always takes whatever they cling onto and make it cringy, but social justice slam poetry is just exponentially more cringy than anything else they've ever done. That's just one of many horrible feminist poetry slams. Only useful for a good laugh.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey sweet thang! You sure sound sexy babe! I can teach you to handle a SLAM real good ;D I'm sure your piece of ass is perfect for it ;D