Have you ever shed a tear for a TV show character dying?

Yesterday I caught up to the episode where Bobby died in Supernatural and damn ninjas were cutting onions again.
RIP

• Yes, I have.
  • No, I have not.
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1715

Most Helpful Girl

• Yessss. Grey's Anatomy has left me in tears on many occasions. I think I cried the most for George tho. He was my favorite.

• My mom watches that show. Was George the surgeon who died after that car accident and when someone did an less than optimal surgery on him or something? I mean, was he Grey's bf?

• Ahaha me too.
      I cried a lot because of Mark and Lexie

• @LaFemmeFatale yeah, they were hard ones to lose too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Bobby Singer! I remember when he died in the hospital after being hit with a bullet in the head by Leviathan leader Dick Roman. I wonder if he'll be back this season as I was shocked that Season 11 did not include any cameos of Bobby. Last I remember he helped Castiel bust Metatron out of heaven to try and find a "cure" for Dean carrying the Mark of Cain.

The biggest tear jerkers in SuperNatural is when Sam first died in Dean's arm, tell me if this was your own brother dying in your own arms and there's absolutely nothing you can do to save him, you wouldn't be crying and SCREAMING his name in the same way Dean had?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qPymbKpd1w

Similarly, it happened again in the Season 9 finale, it happened but only in reverse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ks_c9GMkwI

What Girls Said 16

• gifsec.com/.../GIF-Spoilers.gif

I felt sad when I read this tho.
    I've shed tears when Dobby died in HP part 7 movie though

• Supernatural always make me cry.
    I'm a huge cry baby when it comes to anime though.

• Yep. Depends on how invested I am in the show. Game of Thrones nearly got me a few times but the one this year was Ripper Street. A main character died and I wouldn't speak to anyone for like a whole night because I was just super upset about. Ruined my week actually lol

• Jo and Ellen got to me the most from SPN if I'm being honest.

Followed by bobby, and then Charlie.

Otherwise Mark Sloan and Lexie Grey from Greys Anatomy

• Yeah... Bones when a character died in the first episode, bawled like a baby

• Honestly, not a TV show character that I can recall (but that's also because I don't have much patience for TV shows) but I've shed a tear for movie characters.

• Oh I couldn't count the amount of times supernatural has made me cry lmfao
    I actually did for a different show today, not sure why tho because i hated her.

Books make me cry more tbh.

• Yeah. I was really sad for a few days when Bill died on True blood.

• All the time... McDreamy still hurts :(

• I don't remember, probably. I know I've cried over a tv series ending, I cry over foolish things all the time

• No lol

• Maybe greys anatomy and I don't even cry like that lol

• Ohh yes

• yep when McDreamy died

• If you count Severus Snape

• Can you please fucking kill yourself for spoiling supernatural for me. Thanks, bye.

• Season 7 came out inf fucking 2012, you've had 4 years to see it.

• oh boo hoo u poow lil' thang

• Thanks for understanding 💕

What Guys Said 14

• It's a no from me, all I want in most films/ TV shows is for the "bad guys" to win

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• SUPERNATURAL is amazing! It was sad when he died, but people die in that show all the time and then come back to life, so I didn't care too much... I only ever cried to a movie... "Marley and Me" That damn movie! But never cried to TV

• It seems that only Sam and Dean come back.

• @ThisDudeHere Only the main cast will never stay permanently dead because they are essentially the show. Sam and Dean will always keep being resurrected, without them, then there is NO SuperNatural.

Even Castiel was resurrected multiple times because he's too popular to be removed from the show permanently.

As for Crowley, he never exactly died and stay dead either, but he has become part of the main cast and is a regular on the show now. Although there was that one time where he worked with Castiel to create the illusion that he was dead by burning his bones, or perhaps those weren't his real bones? Or that he did die but was resurrected secretly through spell work, or resurrected by Castiel himself? It was never really consistent or clear on that one.

• @judgementday Yeah, but why kill them in the first place, just to be brought back... OVER AND OVER... I would understand just once... But continuously just gets repetitive and it loses the meaning... When they die now, you just ask "What's gonna bring him back now?"

• nooooooooooooooo, don't make me sad, *crying

• Doyle from the tv show Angel. He was a main character and they killed him off halfways through the first season.

• I haven't actually shed tear over a characters death before but I did email NBC once when Detective Amaro left the show Law and Order SVU.

• The red wedding exists

• Nope more like
    "It's about time you bit the dust" XD

• Does anime count? If yes, then yes.

• Debbie on Wentworth

• As a kid, maybe. I don't really watch TV, anymore save for the news/forecasts.

• I nearly did, for Stauffenberg in "Valkyrie".

• Not realy...

• No, I have not.

• no mommy