Is anyone else surprised that both Stacy's Mom and Gangsters Paradise are actually really good when done in the style of 20's jazz?

5|1

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• I listen to this one a lot - their music is on Spotify 😊
    https://youtu.be/GZQJrM09jbU

1|1
    0|0
  • Not bad. I'm also a fan of This jazz classic, Gin n Juice
    https://youtu.be/owutDdnIMUI

1|2
    0|0
  • I love it when people take modern music and put a retro touch on it!

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol yeah it's cool. I was expecting it to sound awful, but it's better than I thought.

0|1
    0|0
  • HAHA that's pretty cool

0|1
    0|0
  • I like those retro, what are they jukebox youtube channel :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Ha, not surprised. Those were great music periods and the songs both tell a story.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ommmg thaks for sharine that best cover i'v HEARD

0|1
    0|0
  • NO WAY is this version better than Coolio's version. Or even close. Same goes with Stacy's Mom.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not bad, I've never heard that before

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• It's nice to see that older styles of music are still being appreciated!

0|1
    0|0
  • Gangsta's Paradise works well in this vintage style. "Stacy's Mom"... eh... no. Nothing can redeem that song.

0|1
    0|0
  • There is really a song called Stacy's mom?

0|1
    0|0
  • Jazz as a whole, though not something I enjoy, is really complex and I so appreciate that craftsmanship. Besides the 20s was like your original soulful jazz

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I'm surprised, it turned out better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Every thing sounds better when put to 20s jazz because 20s jazz is amazing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Gangsta's Paradise was good but I wasn't impressed with Stacy's Mom

0|2
    0|0
  • *plays Fallout 4 while listening to the music*

0|1
    0|0
  • These are retarded. Go watch some Benny goodman or Count Basie or just something that generally sounds like it's more complicated than the pentatonic scale. I know that's tough for millennials these days, god forbid you hear anything intellectual.

0|0
    0|1
    • How is this not intellectual? They are merely covering a song, it's meant to be fun. It definitely takes talent to play those instruments and arrange the different instruments in a way that makes sense and sounds good.

• Show All
    • I like new music, so long as it doesn't come from people our age. I mean our generation thinks jazz was played in speakeasys for god sakes.

• I'm not a right-winger, man.

• The jazz version of Stacy's Mom isn't bad, but it doesn't sound like a serious song that you actually play because you enjoy listening to it. It's more of a novelty. The original version is way better.

0|1
    0|0