Is anyone else surprised that both Stacy's Mom and Gangsters Paradise are actually really good when done in the style of 20's jazz?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• I listen to this one a lot - their music is on Spotify 😊
    https://youtu.be/GZQJrM09jbU

• Not bad. I'm also a fan of This jazz classic, Gin n Juice
    https://youtu.be/owutDdnIMUI

• I love it when people take modern music and put a retro touch on it!

• Lol yeah it's cool. I was expecting it to sound awful, but it's better than I thought.

• HAHA that's pretty cool

• I like those retro, what are they jukebox youtube channel :)

• Ha, not surprised. Those were great music periods and the songs both tell a story.

• Ommmg thaks for sharine that best cover i'v HEARD

• NO WAY is this version better than Coolio's version. Or even close. Same goes with Stacy's Mom.

• That's not bad, I've never heard that before

What Guys Said 10

• It's nice to see that older styles of music are still being appreciated!

• Gangsta's Paradise works well in this vintage style. "Stacy's Mom"... eh... no. Nothing can redeem that song.

• There is really a song called Stacy's mom?

• Jazz as a whole, though not something I enjoy, is really complex and I so appreciate that craftsmanship. Besides the 20s was like your original soulful jazz

• Yeah I'm surprised, it turned out better.

• Every thing sounds better when put to 20s jazz because 20s jazz is amazing.

• Gangsta's Paradise was good but I wasn't impressed with Stacy's Mom

• *plays Fallout 4 while listening to the music*

• These are retarded. Go watch some Benny goodman or Count Basie or just something that generally sounds like it's more complicated than the pentatonic scale. I know that's tough for millennials these days, god forbid you hear anything intellectual.

• How is this not intellectual? They are merely covering a song, it's meant to be fun. It definitely takes talent to play those instruments and arrange the different instruments in a way that makes sense and sounds good.

• I like new music, so long as it doesn't come from people our age. I mean our generation thinks jazz was played in speakeasys for god sakes.

• I'm not a right-winger, man.

• The jazz version of Stacy's Mom isn't bad, but it doesn't sound like a serious song that you actually play because you enjoy listening to it. It's more of a novelty. The original version is way better.