Do you think Germany is right in their rather extreme censorship of Video games?

not allowing swastikas in things in Indiana Jones Video games
but not allowing blood to come from humans, meaning that to get around this many developers have turned their entire casts into robots

Most Helpful Girl

• You mean the country that has fully nude nearly pornographic orange juice commercials on public access television?

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't even know they were doing that, and I live there, although I don't play games.

Is the robots thing just to get a lower age rating, perhaps?

It doesn't seem to be the case for Assassins' Creed, this is from a games forum...
    "du musst während dem spiel auf START dann OPTIONEN dann ALLGEMEINES und dann BLUT AN" ("You have to press START during the game, then OPTIONS then MISCELLANEOUS and the BLOOD ON.")

What Girls Said 2

• Nope nope nope.
    Video games, I believe, do not actually cause violence.
    I play them a lot and I'm a pacifist lol

• They do it because they don't like brutal torture scenes with gushing blood and guts everywhere.

What Guys Said 14

• It's kind of extreme, this is said to have caused one Indiana Jones game to get canceled.

• I have a few German and Austrian friends (I can speak German, so that's why). Most of them just import American games for the uncensored versions, so the laws aren't doing what they're supposed to do (like the vast majority of laws -- but that's a topic for another day).

• Every country has their own policies regarding what content is allowed in their games. For instance, a japanese game is much more likely to contain darker sexual themes such as rape than an American made game. Because every country's society is drastically different it really isn't our place to judge what countries decide to censor what. Hope this helps~Turtle

-Sidenote: sorry if this came off a bit harsh.

• This is true. It's a fact. They are censoring video games as if video games are just the gift for your 5 year old nephew and not for grown up people as well.
    But what can you expect when you have a handful of granpas and women govern the country?
    "aaarrghh back in my days we went to the park to play footbal. The kids today stay in the hosue and playing with buttons"
    There are games that have been left out of the market in Germany. You can't even order them. You must drive out of the country, buy it and smuggle it back into Germany.

• Well in light of Germany's very violent and bloody past, the Germans are probably more aware of how violence affects impressionable minds of kids. Hitler Youth and all. I dont blame them for wanting to get as far away from that evil as possible. Its no good for the young mind who can't handle or differentiate reality from fantasy.

• It's interesting that they want to censor violent video games, but allow violent Muslims into their country who kill people.

• No I don't think it was required because I see many German guys and girls playing on GTA multiplayer games ( GTA is well known for it's... well... you know what).

• Its over the top. I dont know what its supposed to do anyway.

• No, they are crazy and German.

• I'd rather them allow that and stop putting borderline porn in their ads.

• I mean I'm so conflicted, I feel like internal resistance isn't nearly as much as we think

• Germany's been cucked for a long while now. They've been trying to atone for the Holohoax by clamping down on personal freedoms and allowing Moslem invaders into their country.

• It can get boring
    plus video games can sometimes be educational

• I think its a bit too much