Who's a better singer? Justin Bieber or Micheal Jackson?

• Justin Bieber
  • Micheal Jackson
Select a gender to cast your vote:

127

Most Helpful Girl

• Michael Jackson by far. He was not only an icon, but a philanthropist. He was an angel. And Justin Bieber. . . Is not as polite as most other Canadians.

Most Helpful Guy

• People talk a lot of shit about Bieber, especially ones that aren't singers themselves and don't know anything. He's not bad at all. That said, Jackson was on another level, even if his voice was artificial to some extent (being chemically castrated with asthma medicine during his childhood).

• Wtf? So Jackson had no penis?

• No, that's not what castration is. The chemicals just neutered him, essentially, which is why he was able to sing so effortlessly up to notes that would normally be in female soprano or child treble range.

Child singers known as castrati used to be deliberately castrated in Europe for that reason from the Middle Ages to the late 19th century. Of course, many of them died from complications or infection, and not all of them turned out to be great singers. Still, it did offer other advantages. Their bone-joints didn't harden in the normal manner due to castration, and that gave them a much larger rib cage, and with training, unusually high lung power and capacity.

If I had the choice and it was legal, I would have gladly been castrated to have that kind of vocal range, lol. But due to the biological changes involved, it's something that was always done before puberty. In Jackson's case, it wasn't deliberate. His father just wanted to retain his voice, and in fear of his asthma

• affecting it, overdosed him on his medication.

What Girls Said 11

• I dont care for justin as a person but of course he has a nice voice. However, never compare his wannabe ass to THE KING OF POP #MJrules

• Micheal Jackson obviously.
    Why do you even bother asking

• It's definitely got to be Michael Jackson, he was and always will be absolutely phenomenal.
    Sadly, heaven is just so lucky to have him.

• I love MJ❤️❤️❤️

• 1|0
    • Is this a joke? I'm not a huge MJ fan, but he was a classically-trained vocalist and had exceptionally good technique, not only on softer stuff when he blended registers and his highest belts. He could do just about anything. Even his low register, which went far beyond what the average high tenor can reach, was extremely good.

You're going to try to compare him to this diversity buttrock crap? That's just disrespectful.

• Lmao. That's at least core, but not metal. Oh god, this is trash. Especially with the dumb political statement they're failing to make and generic, shitty drop-B riffs.

I will message you some ideas.

• Actually, I'm not level 2, so that's not possible. I'll just post links.

m. youtube. com/watch? v=_UElrJzJvnw

m. youtube. com/watch? v=4ZPEyrQHxUc

m. youtube. com/watch? v=UH9dfN-UwII

Obviously thrash isn't the best subgenre for vocals, but I have examples for that too if necessary.

• I love me some Justin but its obvious that Michael Jackson was better

• Did you JUST compare Justin Bieber to MJ?

• He is no match for MJ

• Michael Jackson😍😍😍

• Michael Jackson

• mj is a legend and super iconic

What Guys Said 6

• How is this even a question

• I would've considered something if u said anyone else besides JB xD

• Who the hell votes for that baby voiced lip singing IDIOT!!! Who!

• You 're kidding, right?

• Micheal Jackson.

• Lol.