So... Captain America kills the Marvel universe? Yay or nay?

Well not literally... It's different from when Deadpool and Punisher did it since this is canon and not written as comic relief. This is old news since it was announced a while ago, but Marvel has been building up to this for a while.

You've probably heard about the deal with Cap being Hydra that was revealed a last year (and I had asked a GaG question about it too). The writers had said that he's not being mind-controlled and he's not a clone and/or shapeshifting alien.

Well they've explained everything now. What was really going on was that history was being rewritten. Red Skull used an artifact called the Cosmic Cube to change his past. This backfired on him though, because Cap ended up killing Red Skull in the comics and taking control of Hydra. He now plans to take over the world.

This is at a time when the other heroes are at their most vulnerable. Iron Man and Captain Marvel aren't currently on good terms after Civil War II, Wolverine and Hulk are dead (although an alternate version of Logan from the Old Man Logan storyline will have a role), and Thor currently isn't worthy of Mjolnir. He'll be having a role too though. His primary weapon is temporarily a battleaxe (and he's really skilled with them).

Despite their differences, these characters will have to team up, because their damnation comes at the hands of their most beloved hero.

I'm actually curious to see what they can do but it might end up as a mess. Marvel has been screwing up a lot lately.

925

Most Helpful Guy

• Go home marvel your drunk

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• I think they did something similar with the Punisher.

• They need to let the ground on their main properties lay fallow for about a decade, then reboot everything. Just... don't make anything with their normal properties, and focus on subsidiaries and on other writers who have actual ideas with different characters.

Or even better: re-vamp Big Hero 6. They should be doing one with them in the Disney version's universe, and expanding more and more on it. The way Boom Studios wrote "Aftershock" as an immediate follow-up to "Power Rangers."

Leave it to the MCU to handle the regular characters. Marvel's excelling at film, but its comics have gone bonkers - even by comics standards!

Hey Marvel! My friend Adam-00 in Hungary could use some publicity. "Cagegirl" is a pretty good graphic novel by him, but it needs world expansion. Maybe you guys could lend him a hand? He's a busy man, and has already moved on to "Priesthunter." My Dozerfleet brand is very small and limited, and can only help him so much. You guys have resources. You can benefit from working with him. I'd be happy to set you two up.

Just... stop publishing this drunken insanity! These latest arcs with Cap are so bad, they make Thor-is-a-woman-now seem pretty tame by comparison!

• nerdist.com/.../Secret-Empire-teaser.jpg

The super hero turns into a super villain. Maybe more super heroes will become supervillains in the future? Or snap and go psycho like Deadpool ("Dreadpool") did?

• I hate to say it as a life long Marvel fan, but this is shit. Marvel has lost it. I've not seen writing this bad since the 90's. And I include JMS's run on Amazing Spiderman in that.

• He wouldn't be able to.

• Sounds like a cool story line

• all I can think about is Stan Lee is losing it!

he needs to stop trying to be a pretty boy and doing cameos on every Marvel movies and supervise his writers a little more. if they keep it up with these nonsense then I think DC Universe is gonna catch up to them.

• Seems to me Marvel hasn't done an original story for ages. Just recycling stories and characters with no new universes or beings or worlds. Only thing alive from Marvel right now is Movies/Series/Games.

• Seems they're desperate now. What next? Every superhero becomes a villain?

• Marvel is falling apart :(

• I don't know. I just don't think he can kill the whole marvel universe. I mean, will you have some villains working with heroes too?

• The very first thing I said was "not literally"

But I assume heroes and villains would team up. Some villains might even side with him

• Lol. Well sadly, Marvel is trying to get rid of the X-Men in the comics, or that's what it seems like (sucks, I know). I know Storm will be there and even Deadpool might be involved, but I'm not sure. I'll have to wait until it comes out

• I don't know what to say to that...

• I remember the captain America hydra thing caused a shit ton of controversy. I think controversy can drive sales though.

• The problem with "kills the universe" arcs is that the characters in future arcs have already been beaten in previous arcs by other characters. It ma lea suspension of disbelief harder when you ask the question: why doesn't X hero beat Y hero now, when he clearly did it in Z issue?

• Well the times Deadpool and Punisher did it were not canon. This is less like those arcs and more like the Infinity Gauntlet arc (although not nearly as intense) where he's this big baddie in the end

• You don't apply logic to Deadpool or Squirrel Girl XD

• Yep. thus making suspension of disbelief even harder. xD or should it make it easier?

Ninja Spiderman gave me cancer.

• Chances are high it will end with history being rewriten using the Cosmic Cube. It might also be a chance for them to bring the hulk back since this character is becoming popular again because of the next Thor movie.

• I forgot to say that they will found out the Cube has been used ( possibly thanks to Dr Strange) and then use it to bring the Captain back to their side.

• That's one possibility

• If the story isn't them going to the past to correct what happened, then I'm not interested.

• Lol did Captain America kidnap Sean Spicer?

• logan was my biggest disappointment. superheroes were meant to inspire quite a few things... like hope. it

• Deadpool & Spiderman movie has to happen before this.

• Is this the new plot for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite?

• This sucks.

• Who cares

• After he rapes bucky.

• how did hulk died? TELL ME!!!

• Bruce Banner finally loses his powers, and then Hawkeye shoots him in the eye. That's the short version

• Nah Franklin Richards will just warp back time and they'll stop red skull from messing with Rogers.

• Well he can, but the writers won't even include him so the story can go on XD

What Girls Said 8

• I can't believe it, what kind of stupid people are in charge of Marvel right now? 😦

• Captain America is going to get his ass kicked.

• Big Nay.

• Lots of death, lots of out of character moments and then a rewind.

• I know a lot of people are pissed off and are boycotting marvel. It's not good.

• Let's hope the One-Above-All shows ups and snaps Cap and turns back his senses

• Sounds a bit strange but I'm looking forward to it. Cap evil? A dangerous new zone :D

• Let's face it, Marvel blow it 😞