Chris Cornell dead at 52, suicide investigated, thoughts?

One of my fave artists... so sad. Sleeping with a full moon blanket Sand and feathers for my head Dreams have never been the answer And dreams have never made my bed Dreams have never made my bed https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TksqEIl1uxU

well, sounds pretty bad

Wayne County Medical Examiners ruled it a suicide. He hanged himself in his bathroom at the hotel he was staying at.

820

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It wasn't good news. It took me back to my childhood. These were dark songs. I loved Black hole Sun.

I think people were upset back then and SSRI's don't work or make it better.

The 90's spoke the truth about what a lot of people were feeling and that feeling has gotten worse. LSD research needs funding.

• I think that darkness about his songs has also been bright in a way. It's part of what made him so good, that he could bring it out in a way that people could identify with from many different aspects.

Outshined, burden in my hand, some of my favorites...

• I agree.

What Guys Said 19

• I feel so sad ): I can't believe he did that to himself he's very talented and was the third biggest Grunge Band of the 1990s. (The biggest being Nirvana the biggest musical act of the 90s) but I don't even see why he talked about how sad Kurt Cobain died I don't see why he would even consider it. Thanks for the invite ):

• Yup, real shame particularly when you think about Andrew wood and he were roommates at one time. And he leaves behind a wife and kids.

• You're right, not confirmed. However, it's more than just speculation as well. Apparently circumstances and evidence at the scene indicate it was suicide though they aren't saying specifically what it is.

• I feel bad he would do that to himself

• I've heard talks of it being an accident. They found him with a bag over his head and a belt around his neck, common for auto-erotic asphyxiation. I don't know, but that would be a lot easier to stomach than him doing it on purpose. Huge loss either way

• I don't know, I think I'd rather hear that he committed suicide.

• That's just... I mean ffs... influential artist touched the lives of many dies committing suicide after losing battle with addiction. Sounds so much better than... influential artist who touched the lives of many accidentally strangles himself while masturbating...

Jfc, how can that last one be better.

• The only way it's better for me it's because he seemed like such a cool, together guy that was still making albums and touring and living the life. Knowing he had depression or addiction that bad kind of ruins that legacy for me

• I don't know the guy. But anytime someone dies, I have empathy for him/her and their family and friends.

• A huge shock, he always seemed the most level-headed of the grunge era leads, cannot believe he would want to die with everything he had to live for, especially his family. I hear he was on some type of drug for his anxiety that could have drove him to it... Another grunge icon gone.

• What a tragic loss! My favorite male vocalist... I was stoked when he did the Bond theme song for Casino Royale, his work with Audio Slave and Sound Garden was amazing and such a huge, unique voice! Very sad!

• i can't believe it to be honest. I had a chance to see soundgarden a few year ago when they were in my town but i missed em. i thought to myself " next time". im face palming so hard right now.

• I grew up listening to him. I was at his last concert. He still sounded amazing. He will be missed as he is already.

• It was apparently prescription meds which caused his suicide. Something I can relate too and understand.

• thats a bummer

• Drugs.

• I don't rember his songs what music type is it rock or what

• no opinion. I don't even know who he is

• hhe didn't die he killed himself.

• its awful

• dunno, don't care. suicide is for losers.

• I never liked Soundgarden, but it's always sad when someone commits suicide, even if we talk about the super-overrated Kurt Cobain.

• Everybody's your "favorite artist" when they die.

Otherwise, you wouldn't have thought of him for the next 10 years.

Tupac and Biggie both suck and are stupid and I'm glad they're dead.

• That's very sad, unfortunately the suicide rate has been much higher among men then compared to women

What Girls Said 7

• Back in the day, there were multiple occasions on which Chris Cornell's voice was instrumental in swinging the decision of "Do I still want to be alive today?" back into the yes column... so, this goes beyond just sadness, with that very personal kind of irony.

One of his own songs is perhaps the best way to pay tribute:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlvtEbiseRc

• This was crushing news to wake up to. Such an incredible talent, powerful 4 octave vocal range and amazing songwriter and musician.
    One of my favorite songs,
    acoustic version. https://youtu.be/FIcB3htOLw4

• Such a loss. You never know what people are going through, I thought he was pretty happy with his faith, wife, and kids. :/ so sad

• Yeah, this is kind of how I felt, seemed like he had his shit together. Was just a bit of a surprise.

• It's hard for me to believe it was a suicide. He was incredible and had everything to live for.

• i was really, really hoping it wasn't suicide, but it seems like it was. he was a great musician... i like audioslave and soundgarden so much. that song "doesn't remind me" has one of the most beautiful lyrics ever.

• I'm thinking it might be an od

• your update made me so sad. i was hoping it had been a drug overdose without the intention of suicide, an accident, anything but suicide.

• Oh wow so sad

• That sucks