Do you think that Icelandic is a beautiful language?

I always found it ironic how people would say that German is an ugly language but other Germanic languages are pretty?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Not really Raneem, though I'm not a fan of germanic languages with the exception of English and that's been rather far removed to a point.
    for the longest time I actually hated my last name because it sounds so gutteral

0|0
    0|0
  • i may be biased because I have Icelandic heritage, but I really enjoy listening to icelandic

0|0
    0|0
  • Based purely on how it sounds, I like Icelandic. Linguistically, though, I don't appreciate some of the changes that happened between it and Old Norse. I feel similar about High German: I love how it sounds, but linguistically I hate the leveling of unstressed vowels into schwas that began in Middle High German.

0|0
    0|0
  • I imagine if because Björk sings really beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not especially. If I had to say any language was 'beautiful', I'd say it was French.

0|0
    0|0
  • clearly you've never heard godsent slavic! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ozYao1Mju7A

0|0
    0|0
  • Theh protect the language I know that much

0|0
    0|0
  • germany is ugly for all the rules and mad people

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 3

• That sounds surprisingly more like Finnish and Swedish, I expected something different. I love the German language, but really dislike the sound of the Finnish language. I think at least in that video Icelandic sounded monotonic in the same way Finnish does. Didn't like it that much.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is, too bad it's endangered.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's kinda beautiful, but I love French more

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Yeah, but if you want to hear the most beautiful language listen to songs in Gaelic.