What do you think of this set list (for a gig)?

So a friend asked me to play drums for a (paid :D) gig for a local Christian group. We're trying to put together a setlist for an hour long set. Audience is going to be primarily incoming college freshmen. It's a Christian venue, so we are trying to avoid explicit content as much as possible.

Problem: I and our keyboardist are metal people. The guitarist listens to folk and indie. The bassist listens to classic rock or harder rock. The only pop/rock I really know is from 2000s and 90s... and as awesome as it would be, we're trying to avoid screams and blast beats for this one haha

Here's the tentative set list we managed to put together. How do you think this would when played for people around 18 years old?

Matchbox 20 - How Far We've Come
Foo Fighters -- Everlong
Imagine Dragons -- It's Time
AWOLNATION - Not Your Fault
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Incubus - Dig (I voted for Anna Molly, but they they wanted this one instead :( )
OK Go - Here It Goes Again
Young The Giant - My Body
The Killers - Mr Brightside
Paramore - Ain't It Fun
Phoenix - Lisztomania
Switchfoot - Dare You To Move

81

Most Helpful Girl

• I love mr. brightside and dare to move 😍😍😢😢
    Switch foot is fantastic! I don't know about the killers for a Christian setlist, I mean it does talk about sex a lot in Mr. Brightside. But anything Switch foot is good. Also look into some older Toby Mac songs or Lacrae too. Ummm... if it's not a Christian event definitely play mr. brightside! Also maybe incorporate an emo type song, a lot of kids my age listen to like fallout boy, Panic! At the Disco, Twenty Øne Pilots, and My chemical romance... or Beyonce. Haha depends entirely on the crowd. Good luck! hope this kinda helped... 😂

• Good point-- just brought up Mr Brightside's uhh "questionable content" to the group. The main person running it said that "though the song is about cheating, the singer was the victim and not advocating it, and it doesn't get too overaly sexual, so it's all good."
      Works for me haha

Most Helpful Guy

• What about cage the elephant?

• Any songs that you have in mind?

• No rest for the wicked might be a little too young to cover yet... Umm... that one where in the video that guy wakes up to go for a jog, finds his childhood in a blanket fort, and then his wife wakes up next to his body and it turns out his life was flashing before his eyes?

What Girls Said 7

• Throw in some Skillet. They play Christian Rock.

• I'm not too familiar with Skillet. Is there any song in particular that would be good? And it would also mean I'd need to take out one of the songs. Hmm, Is there a weak one in the mix?

• Rebirth
      Don't know what to take out

• I'd be into it.

• Know 7 of them and like them there's a few I'm not sure of but looks good :-)

• They're going to love it.

Maybe some Relient K since it's for a Christian group?

• I've never heard of any of those songs

• i only know mr. brightside
    i like that song

• sounds cool. I would want to meet the guitarist though. lol

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!