Any tips for improving on my music writing?

I'm trying to improve on it, so some tips would be appreciated. Any tips for improving on my music writing??

116

What Girls Said 11

• lyrics, right? normally, hen I write poetry, I'm either focusing on a feeling or experience or writing a story. I once even made a morbid poem about the leaves in the fall. it's about ideas and inspiration. literally anything. like what you were thinking recently, an issue you find important, a stupid idea you can't get out of your head. now, what is funny is when you listen to some other music and get inspiration to write something yourself.

• Take a music theory class if you haven't already.

• Write when you have a deep feeling about something I don't know lay down on the grass and look to the sky

• Look up the structure of different songs and start following structure. Use metaphors and similes and channel your feelings, thoughts, experiences into your music. Hope this helps

• Go to a happy place for inspiration

• Michael Jackson!!

• Maybe you could look up some youtube videos

• Write what you feel or passionate about, or tell a story through a song.

• Don't write any.

• You need a new feelings. Read books, listen stories, watch movies which is different from you always watch. Do things that you think never do it.

Main is new feelings.
    And show them by your music.

• Do song writing workshops in your town, that helps a lot!

What Guys Said 6

• Put on a moose outfit and let being a moose be your inspiration for making moosey athems,

• That will all honestly depend on your genre.

When I write lyrics or make short instrumental mixes, I usually listen to artists of that genre, find their vocabulary, and try to act similarly with my own thoughts and expressions.

I think that is usually the best way to make music. Just as to authors read any other books to help them to write one of their own.

• I write music ever day. Write what's on your heart. Put all of it on paper. Don't hold back. If u feeling depress write , happy write, tragedy strucks write. I'll be happy to help u to write music. It's my passion

• Read a lot of lyrics and poetry and look for rhyming patterns and how they are constructed, i write a lot to clear my head and doing it really helped with structure

• open your fucking eyes. might help, might not.

• If you can't tell, I'm just relaxing in the picture.

• Ehhh, I think most people understand I'm talking about writing lyrics. The guitar part is the easy part, which is why my eyes are closed. lol.

• just get the mathematical part of it to be habit, and feel out the rest. study other works if you get stuck in a rut.

• take an experience that is fresh in your mind and use that as inspiration. . write how you feel... John Mayer is a great example especially the song Why Georgia