Are video games worth playing?

Is gaming worth the time we're spending on it?Are video games worth playing??Are video games worth playing??

• I'm a gamer and I understand that games are a waste of time.
  • I'm a gamer and I feel that gaming is worth something!
  • I don't play video games
    Vote C

1918

What Girls Said 19

• They're hobbies and worth just as much time as fishing, knitting or whatever other hobbies the previous generation had. It's all about relaxing and entertainment on our down time.

• It's honestly made me more social oddly. I like to play games and so does my boyfriend and all of our friends. It relieves the pressure of having to go out to do anything to hang out. It's not only an extension of my personality (based on the type of games I play) but it brings people together. It's a form of expression. Its much less a waste of time than watching tv. At least when you're gaming you can interact with others more. Like have you ever seen a convention? Jeez. Tons of people.

• I play video games to escape reality, something to ease my mind, or just something fun to do in my spare time when I am not reading or listening to music.

• I'm a part of the 'video games can be art' crowd. So yeah, it has a lot of value to me.

• I love video games, but I suck at them.

• It's just like any other hobby and it's one of my favorite hobbies.

• It's worth as much as any other hobby.

• If you enjoy playing with them it's worth it

• I'm not a mjor gamer but I do play video games when I feel like it ig

• Not anymore cause their constantly trying to rip us off

• if you enjoy it^^ but ONLY playing games its not worthy

• I been playing video games for 12 years started out with a game boy now I have an Xbox 360. Really into skyrim the elders scroll.

• It's fun to pass the time.
    I'm on the third generation of my sims legacy challenge. It's worth it for me lmao

• Video games are life. I can spend hours playing them.

• Games are worthy.

• If it makes you happy it's not a waste of time, but you always need to focus on what really matters

• I don’t play it but I watch it for him but once we break up I’ll no longer watch it. Unless it’s look like a Cinema

• I don’t play. I like watching other people play.

• If you like it then it is worth the time. I love video games they keep my mind engaged in something.

What Guys Said 18

• As long as it’s not excessive, then yes it’s worth it. Video games are a new form of art that are under appreciated.

• They are, they can give you good experiences. What's the difference between spending 2 hours on videogames and 2 hours watching a film? I see none.
    Of course that when they take too much of your time and become an addiction it becomes a problem and it's no longer worth it.

• What's the point of doing anything?

• Is watching TV worth it?
    What about playing sports?
    What about hiking?

They are called hobbies - and it varies from person to person.
    It's always worth it doing the things you like - provided it's legal and it's not preventing you from doing the things that you NEED to do (ie: work, taking care of your child, etc..)

• Yes and no, it's certainly a leisurely activity or something to put your competitive spirit in. But letting it consume a huge portion of your time can do more harm than good.

• Video games are a past time. They are just as worth doing as you reading a book, watching a movie, etc.

• Yes, the cancer you need to avoid though is games focused on microtransations and Pay to Win for example... *Cough EA Cough*

• I'd rather spend time on video games than being a miserable guy spending his life on Facebook following what others do. I don't care about other's lifes, I don't learn anything useful from them. I owe my level of English and plenty of other knowledge to video games.

• Cool! you're my type 👍
      I don't have any social media account except GAG..
      Even I owe them a lot!
      Specially the Deus ex series

• It's not like people always have something better to do, drugs are not better.

• I don't play video games. I just have Tetris on my phone

• they are worth playing

• I am going to counter your statement that there is no such thing as something that is a waste of time, life just is...

• I play tabletop role-playing games, and war games.

They are much more engaging.

• Is anything a person does worth the time?

• Hell yeah dude

• Oh yeah 😑!

• But yeah, love World of Warcraft. I wish they expanded the platform beyond PC though.

• Otherwise, great game

• If it's benefitting you socially, economically, emotionally, or intellectually, keep at it.

• I have a lot of good gaming memories. Especially when I was in high school and playing Goldeneye and Street Fighter Alpha 2 with my friends.

And after people moved when they finished school, online gaming was something we could still do together.