Opinions on 13 reasons why?

My roommate started binge watching it tonight and I watched it with him even though I've seen it before cause I have nothing better to do. I think this show brings up some important topics even if it doesn't portray suicide in the best way. It's a lot of topics that are uncomfortable shoved into one show which I think is very interesting. Opinions on 13 reasons why?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with the message, we need to talk about suicide instead of just turning it out.

Suicidal tendencies are cause by a delusion that causes the victim to truly completely believe that the world would be better without them in it.

In short, its not something that you inspire in others through alleged "glorification".

Further, suicide victims never tell anyone that they're going to do it, because they don't want to be stopped. Anyone trying to use suicide for attention, fame, or glory, is just sick in other ways.

Ask most anyone who has ever known a suicide victim. They probably never saw it coming, and never would have suspected, because no one wants to talk about, and arm themselves with preemptive knowledge of silent warning signs.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's ok. It does a good job of highlighting how your actions could impact someones life in more ways than you could possibly know. However, it also glorifies suicide and makes it seem like a reasonable solution over talking about your problems. As if leaving tapes behind after you kill yourself in some way makes it acceptable.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• It's too hyped, I don't want to watch it and be disappointed like happened with HIMYM.

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't count the last 2 episodes as existing in himym because they made me mad. But it's not disappointing I read the book and saw the show both were great.

• Show All
    • The worst of it is the ending. Is complete and utter bullshit. But also what made me disappointed was that the show got boring, because it had dragged on for so long. I don't want to spoil what happens in the end, but it's just the worst script writing ever.

• Oh darn, guess I'll have to stop. What I hate more than horrible shows are good shows with a horrible ending. Thanks for your time.

• I have watched it twice and it's my favourite show so far. I've seen people say that it's "depressing" and whatnot... But I liked the show.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did liked it but this Hannah annoyed me so freaking much!! She she was in my eyees just a Drama Queen who had no right to hurt her parents and people that really liked her that much. She had no right to kill herself if you ask me, she was young and had time to get help forherself instead of traumatize everyone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Loved the show but the message was debatable that not everyone would understand the meaning of so in the broader sense of the show its not good but the show as a show was good and I can't wait for season 2

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s a great message for teens in this generation. Parents and adults really need to watch it as it shows a lot of things going on in teens life no one knows about.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is a must watch, watched it like so many times. Sad story though, tells about things you should have done. You'll never know the value pf a thing until it's gone...

1|0
    0|0
  • Where are you? I was going to say Military barracks, but not clean enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • it raises important issues which is nice.

and Courtney is the gunk I find under my shoe all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • I really liked it. It talks about a uncomfortable topic that needs to be talked about

0|0
    0|0
  • After watching it, I think it kind of glorifies suicide in a bad way. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed watching it but the last episode is abit grim!

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoyed the book, but not so much the show

0|0
    0|0
  • Very extremely sad :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I've read book, haven't seen it yet

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it that much.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• I've seen a lot of people say it glorifies suicide, and my brother's school even sent out a notice regarding it, tbh I think it was portrayed beautifully, when she cut her wrists you could see the pain she was feeling and I don't see how that glorifies suicide in any way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoyed the viewing experience. However, I think it had/has flaws.

1. Some of the actors weren't great.

2. The whole situation is super unrealistic and therefore makes it hard to symapthize with, which is important I think for many viwers.

3. It's a bit too melodramatic at times for my taste.

Overall I'd give the show a 6/10

0|0
    0|0
  • I loved it, but I'm biased because I saw a lot of myself and a girl I loved who killed herself in Clay and Hannah. It had a personal relevance to me, so I can understand why anyone wouldn't like it if they couldn't relate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeeeaaaah but i feel it is overrated. When it comes to being a show in general. But the story telling is very good

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont watch if it affects you personally it will probably bring up stuff that will not be helpful.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's trash but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying it if you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know what? I liked it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Felt like i was watching an angsty teen chickflick

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes