Opinions on 13 reasons why?

My roommate started binge watching it tonight and I watched it with him even though I've seen it before cause I have nothing better to do. I think this show brings up some important topics even if it doesn't portray suicide in the best way. It's a lot of topics that are uncomfortable shoved into one show which I think is very interesting. Opinions on 13 reasons why?

1510

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with the message, we need to talk about suicide instead of just turning it out.

Suicidal tendencies are cause by a delusion that causes the victim to truly completely believe that the world would be better without them in it.

In short, its not something that you inspire in others through alleged "glorification".

Further, suicide victims never tell anyone that they're going to do it, because they don't want to be stopped. Anyone trying to use suicide for attention, fame, or glory, is just sick in other ways.

Ask most anyone who has ever known a suicide victim. They probably never saw it coming, and never would have suspected, because no one wants to talk about, and arm themselves with preemptive knowledge of silent warning signs.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's ok. It does a good job of highlighting how your actions could impact someones life in more ways than you could possibly know. However, it also glorifies suicide and makes it seem like a reasonable solution over talking about your problems. As if leaving tapes behind after you kill yourself in some way makes it acceptable.