Do you believe celebrities have societal obligations?

Is it fair to expect them to behave a certain way because of their public image? What do you think of ordinary people who idolize or even emulate celebrities?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I do think they have a certain expectation to live by, but at the same time, people need to understand that they are people too and people make mistakes. It goes both ways I guess.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't; but neither do I believe we should have laws against speech on the grounds that it "incites" anything.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think they should. But they do have them. Which is stupid they're still people they won't be perfect all the time. Everyone has a bad day where they aren't operating their best. Nobody should have to worry about getting put on blast for not being whatever someone else wanted them to off-camera

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they have a responsibility to act any way. They're people just like everyone else.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, it is fair because with power comes responsibility. I think people who idolize celebrities are total nimrods.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1. Never under any circumstance is it okay for celebrities to use their fame for political influence. Fuck those that do. They are creating a cult of ignorance via blind faith in subpar leadership.

2. Volunteer or charity work. If they can have giant seaside mansions, afford banquets that tickets cost the price of a low income home, supercar fleets, yachts, jets... well they can damn well afford to help those that can't cloth feed or shelter themselves. Cheering up sick kids in the ER doesn't count, it feels good but nothing gets accomplished while they cashout from the PR stunt.

3. At no point in time should the responsibility of representing a cherished character be dismissed or disregarded. Some people base their entire lives around specific characters, to sully that honor diminishes the craft of cinematography/music/art.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. They are not aristocrats, the celebrity class should not even exist as far as I am concerned.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they don't

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes