For those metallica lovers out there, what are your thoughts on this?

Ok, so a year ago, Metallica created the album "Hardwired... To Self-Destruct" but it was said that Kirk Hammett did not contribute to it much because he lost his phone, which had over 200 riffs on it. But back in July 19th of this year, James Hetfield seemed to not be sure what to think about the situation, as said in a podcast. He said, “That’s what he claims. I’m sure he did, but it doesn’t make sense that he wouldn’t have them on his computer, either. But, whatever…
Yeah, Kirk had some riffs that he… I guess submitted – it’s not a very nice word to be used if you’re in a band.
But you know, we all submit our tapes, and we sit there and we listen to them and we pick the best stuff.
There was not much stuff from Kirk. Whether his phone was lost, or whatever…”

What are your thoughts on this? I'm sure all i'll hear is other stuff having to do with people's hate for metallica's 90s era or that lars sucks or something. but just try to stick with the question, that's all I want : )

02

Most Helpful Guy

• BS !!! they already lost their touch along time ago ( sold out )
    for me the first 4 albums were great ! the black album was solid heavy metal. After that metallica is dead for me !!!
    just compare this album to megadeth latest one !!!

• you can call me a jackass from me saying this, but tbh I was never that crazy about megadeth's new album, I was more into metallica's new one, HOWEVER I love megadeth too. metallica's earlier years were the best though.

• keep those horns high man \m/ XD