For those metallica lovers out there, what are your thoughts on this?

For those metallica lovers out there, what are your thoughts on this?
Ok, so a year ago, Metallica created the album "Hardwired... To Self-Destruct" but it was said that Kirk Hammett did not contribute to it much because he lost his phone, which had over 200 riffs on it. But back in July 19th of this year, James Hetfield seemed to not be sure what to think about the situation, as said in a podcast. He said, “That’s what he claims. I’m sure he did, but it doesn’t make sense that he wouldn’t have them on his computer, either. But, whatever…
Yeah, Kirk had some riffs that he… I guess submitted – it’s not a very nice word to be used if you’re in a band.
But you know, we all submit our tapes, and we sit there and we listen to them and we pick the best stuff.
There was not much stuff from Kirk. Whether his phone was lost, or whatever…”

What are your thoughts on this? I'm sure all i'll hear is other stuff having to do with people's hate for metallica's 90s era or that lars sucks or something. but just try to stick with the question, that's all I want : )

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• BS !!! they already lost their touch along time ago ( sold out )
    for me the first 4 albums were great ! the black album was solid heavy metal. After that metallica is dead for me !!!
    just compare this album to megadeth latest one !!!

0|0
    0|0
    • you can call me a jackass from me saying this, but tbh I was never that crazy about megadeth's new album, I was more into metallica's new one, HOWEVER I love megadeth too. metallica's earlier years were the best though.

• Show All
    • keep those horns high man \m/ XD

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• im not really a big fan of Metallica, but yeah i do love some of their songs
    i think its possible that kirk made a excuse

1|0
    0|0
    • apparently if facts are true about him making an excuse, than its quite a big deal cause in many interviews he was asked about the situation of losing the phone. Once someone asked how he felt about it all, he just said something like "I just take it as happening for a reason. maybe the riffs on there wouldn't have been good enough to be on our new album"

• well, either way, he's a human being you know, i think, people should let it go, maybe he made some mistake, but people should forgive him

• yeah exactly. I play guitar too and I never trusted keeping riffs like that anyway due to the chance of losing lol, I just write them down.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes