Who's the bigger rock star Dave Grohl or Kurt Cobain?

Man as a Nirvana lover and Kurt supporter I ask because I know. It's Dave.

If Kurt would have lived, who knows. I know even Dave is sad about that.

Dave's a badass. But there will always be that pit in my stomach. I was 9 when Cobain died. Something's just suck.

But Grohl isn't one of them. His latest release just proves that even further.
  • Dave
  • Kurt
  • Why would you ask this question
    Vote C

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely Kurt. He was a rockstar in every sense of the term, he was a rebel living a hard and fast life.
    While I’m not a huge Goo Gighters fan (I think their last album was their best yet), I will say Dave is a talented guy. He’s just too good to be a rockstar to me, if that makes sense.

• It makes sense and their latest album is just fantastic.

in my opinion though Kurt should be a rockstar and Dave should simply because of what you put forward. It's an image issue. I know Kurt wouldn't want that. He isn't a rockstar. I mean I love him but that shouldn't be an idol. Him and Him Morrison.

It's Bowie, Neil Young, Dave Grohl. Frank FUCKING Zappa.

No disrespect to Kurt and he is a significant figure. But Grohl was going to be a badass no questions asked Nirvana or no Nirvana.

I actually think Nirvana set him back in the long run personally and emotionally.

Most Helpful Girl

• Kurt is an icon (so is Dave, I guess), but Dave is the bigger rock star.

• @beebella I've been at a festival where Dave Grohl has played live, so whilst Kurt is the biggest icon I'm going to call it a tie.

• @AndrewMG I think she is saying Dave wins. They are both icons. But Dave is the bigger rockstar.

I think Dave would join me in saying, "wtf why man?" To Kurt.

It should have at least been a competition. We're all sad about that.