When listening to music, do you pay more attention to the lyrics or the sound?

I can't decide what I pay more attention to. I hate songs that have meaningless lyrics no matter how good the sound is and I hate songs that have a bad sound no matter how good the lyrics are. There needs to be a balance.
  • Lyrics
    Vote A
  • Sound
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know any words to any song, but I know the sound and the beat to every song It's the Rhythm it's a vibration the whole planet Earth is a vibration our everyday life we are in tune with a vibration your good days or bad days vibration. But give me a good beat and I can sing you a song with my made up words LOL

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I like to listen to the music and the background sounds that are hidden beneath the beat. I just like to think of how the musician composed it and I think "wow that's brilliant" while Boppin' to it. To be honest in today's mainstream music the lyrics have become almost irrelevant af and the bass & beat drop is the only thing to look forward to. It's quite sad what the entertainment industry is doing, which is why my taste in music varies. I actually caught myself liking a specific song I disliked for the lack of lyrical genius and realized how indoctrinated I've become πŸ˜‚. So with that being said , I'd have to go with sound πŸ”Š

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• It depends on what genre I'm listening to tbh. I usually listen to edm so I would normally like songs more for the sound. But lately I've been listening to a lot more hip hop than usual so Id go with lyrics atm.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I prefer the sound and lyrics both.
    But, my playlist has songs whose lyrics are too fast to be comprehended.
    Like:- https://youtu.be/JGdauyDKKoQ

0|0
    0|0
  • I want both of them to be nice... sound is what pleases the ear and lyrics is what pleases the mind... i need both!

0|0
    0|0
  • Both, or either. It depends on the song, what else I'm doing and what mood I'm in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either can be the 'best feature' of a song, but a song isn't good unless the lesser of the two are at least not obnoxious.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a song has bad lyrics, it doesn't matter how good it sounds, all I think about is how dumb the lyrics are.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the sound is really great then I can ignore the lyrics however if the lyrics are that ridiculous I'll probably limit my listening time

0|0
    0|0
  • I say both

0|0
    0|0
  • Feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to phsydelic rock it's all sound.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly the rhythms and the instrument.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends

0|0
    0|0
  • both i like a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • Lyrics are important for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Sound

0|0
    0|0
  • Sound

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• girl look up Cat Stevens. Thank me later.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both, If I Listen To Both Issa Bop.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lyrics. It helps my English lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to the beat first.

0|0
    0|0
  • sound

0|0
    0|0
  • Lyrics

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually the lyrics, but it depends on the song.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually it’s the singers voice

0|0
    0|0
  • Sound

0|0
    0|0
  • When l listen for pleasure, l just focus on its sound.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes