What would be the best guitar as your first for learning? Main criteria: Easy maintenance; durable; and within the $75-200 range?

At my old fart age, I have this rekindled desire to learn to play the guitar. Has anyone used a good brand that was not easy to break? Any particular store to buy from? thanks.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Great thing about guitars is there is no bad brand, 90% will last a life time with little maintainance. Don't go electric unless you want to buy an amp as well if recommend an epiphone acoustic guitar you should be able to pick one up for under 200 no problem

0|0
    0|0
    • Also go to a music store and ask the guys that work there I guarantee they will have something around 100 you can buy even if it's not a popular brand

• Thank you sir !!!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 3

• If you've never played an electric is going to have easier action (you don't have to press as hard on the fret board to make chord shapes.). Fender telecaster has a classic warmer sound

0|0
    0|0
    • That's actually an excellent idea. Thank you. I'll do some research on that.

• I always recomended Ibanez for a starter guitar personally but Its always best to go and get the feel of a guitar before you buy. Avoid a Fender Squire they're aren't great.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gibson

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes