What are your thoughts on Disney's acquisition of 20th/21st Century Fox' film and TV assets?

I was pretty excited to see where Fox was going with their superhero films myself. They explored other genres with Logan and Deadpool, and they even have a horror movie slated for release next year in the form of New Mutants. But now that Disney owns them they're just going to be the same science fiction action-adventure flicks that the MCU movies are, and what they turned Star Wars into. They all have the same brand of humor, the same structure and the same kinds of characters, all calculated to hit that perfect PG-13 sweet spot that sells the most tickets.

The MARVEL movies are fun and all (mostly), but they're all the same when it comes to tone and genre. And after Disney had half of Star Wars Rogue One reshot because it was too dark and didn't fit their magic formula, my hopes are dashed that a director will ever be given the amount of control that was required to make something as unique as James Mangold's Logan.

Disney kills everything it touches lolWhat are your thoughts on Disney's acquisition of 20th/21st Century Fox' film and TV assets??

05

Most Helpful Guy

• I am concerned I read that about 26% of movies coming out net years have a connection to Disney now. That's quite a monopoly there. One has to question if a studio becomes to big could they force movie theaters to up there prices to appease them?

• 26% isn't a monopoly lol

• And you don't believe Disney and Universal could purchase those remaining companies anytime you want? What it boils down to is if your the kind of person that thinks everything Disney does is amazing than this will be great news. As for people wanting alternatives this is a nightmare.

• I don't think everything Disney does is great, which is why I posted this question in the first place. But that doesn't mean I have to think that Disney is a monopoly when such a statement is empirically false