Did you see new Star Wars? Did you like it?

My question is like in the title, but I want to share my opinion and I hope you guys can get into discussion about this.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD

I saw the movie twice. Didn't like it at all. In my opinion only Attack of the Clones is worse than this one. Plot was boring, whole quest of Finn and Rose was completely pointless. Also, Rose was the worst character of the movie, she didn't do anything important and at the end she tried to save Finn by crashing her fucking ski speeder into his, like, how was that supposed to work? Didn't she expect them both to die, like they should? Obviously they both survived mostly unharmed, because movies.

There was too many funny moments. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Marvel movies, so I was expecting it to be like The Force Awakens (which i liked), but in this movie the most "funny" character was not R2, not BB-8, not Finn, not fucking Jar Jar, but LUKE. How come Luke is now a joker all of a sudden? The scene when he threw out a lightsaber at the beginning completely destroyed the emotional bond I felt in this moment when it ended TFA.

They are in the middle of the final fight, losing, virtually having no chance at that point. Luke appears, comes to Leia and what she says? "I know what you will say... I changed my hair", Im like REALLY? You didn't see him for years, you're minutes from death of your whole squad, your whole movement matter of fact and that's what you have to say?

Also movie didn't feature any lightsaber fight, except for when Kylo and Rey was fighting those guards after Snoke was killed like a irrelevant fool. But guards didn't have lightsabers, so it's hard to count that one.

Oh, and how come two times in this movie people lived in space? Like I guess Leia used Force, but the Rose' sister in the beginning? She caught a fuckin breathe in SPACE...

I was extremely disappointed.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• What a massive pile of shit the humour was subtle in the OT but in this it's so blatant and overused in TFA the scene with rey and luke is clearly set up for some big emotional scene but they just played it off for a cheap shitty laugh. They need to get away from rebel v empire type storylines it's too boring at this point these fuckers have unlimited money you destroy ships and literal planets and it's like it doesn't affect them also why not just hyperspace ships into other from now on and why did she wait to do that. Completely ruined luke in my opinion and why was yoda acting crazy?

0|2
    0|0
    • Yoda was kinda silly in Empire Strikes Back if you watch it again, that was ok for me 😜

• that was mostly when he first met luke not letting on he was jedi master in ROTJ he was a lot more coherent

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 19

• I kind of like and dislike it. At least it wasn't a direct copy of any other previous movie like the Force Awakens was. It attempted some relatively new theme, not that you can really have anything highly original in a universe as creatively stale as the SW universe.

I also liked that it attempted to introduce somewhat new things to the lore, like Yoda's ghost being able to summon lightning or how adept force users like Leia could survive in space or how loke could turn into a force ghost while not even being dead and project himself across the galaxy.

But I dislike the thing for reasons outside the story. Mark Hamil was pretty much duped. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go watch him attending the movie's opening and then him during the interviews after the movie, the contrast between the excited and jumpy Mark and the outright depressed one are blatant. I think Mark wasn't even informed during the production of the movie that Luke would die, just like in the originals no one even knew that Vader was to be Luke's father until the movie was released, not even cast members.

It is for this reason that I will not go see the next one. I will perhaps download it but I won't spend money on it. I want Star Wars to die. It has to die. Its time is over. There is nothing new that can be done with it. Every single Star Wars movie will always have all or most of these basic elements - a small group of ragtag good guys with a magical laser swordsman fighting against a massive but impractical and incompetent army of white-armoured troops lead by some hooded deformed guy who has a black armoured lieutenant who overthrows him. Oh and insert massive weapons of mass destruction, dogfights in space that defy any and all laws of physics, such as there being no sound in space or the fact that ships do not need to use their engines all the time to fly forward or the fact that ships can not strafe in space. I get it that it takes from WW2 dogfights but it just makes no sense at all.

1|1
    0|0
  • SPOILERS

LEIA: Expected her to die (in a sad way actually) and I thought this couldn't be done worse, but then she turns into marry Poppins and friggin uses her force to FLOAT IN SPACE. We have never seen her use the force like what the hell!

PHASMA AND SNOOK: they gave them the smallest screentime and were the most useless characters without any friggin character development. So much potential and so much wasted opportunity.

ROSE's sister in the bombing ship. The ship was broken and open from the lower side and yet she could friggin breath and all (i mean where is the friggin zero gravity) until she could give her life to drop the bombs, like what the hell!

ROSE: Saves Po cuz she protects the one she loves or something along those lines, like dude! don't you care about those other rebellions that are about to get friggin blasted away? like what the hell!

LUKE: basically did nothing the whole movie. Only came as a force illusion to make time for the rebellion to flee. When they showed that he's still there on his Island, I was like okay that's pretty awesome and the NEXT FRIGGIN SECOND HE DIES? LIKE WHAT THA HELL.

0|2
    0|0
  • They fucked up pretty much every major point of the story
    Like wtf did you do to luke
    And why introduce snoak at all wtf
    And why not include r2 for
    more than a scene and yea fuck rose she sucked and way too much humor i agree

0|2
    0|0
  • Alright soooo hum... I enjoyed it.

I get that a lot of things may have frustrated other people but, all this things serves a point, a purpose. They are not mistake, they are bold choices to change what a star wars hero is, what the star wars values are... And I like it very much !

0|0
    0|0
    • To change Star Wars heroes and values?

From what? What defines those things now? Or, originally? It's changing from what, into what?

• Show All
    • I like these new values, I like the fresh air, the risks taken, the fact that it makes it an interesting subject to think and talk about?

• And it's fucking dumb that they let all the pilots die, because one guy said it's a great idea... Like wtf, they should probably get a death sentence for a person in charge of that attack...

• The PC agenda has taken over Star Wars now, when your nihilistic you don't believe in reality or that the universe has rules , that human beings have a nature. When you ignore reality , you walk off a cliff sooner or later. Thats why "SJW's" can't do anything right.

0|1
    0|0
    • The hyperspace sacrifice should've been done by Admiral Akbar but it was instead done by a new SJW female character

• Show All
    • Yeah I know, and I can't follow you there. Though I apologize, it was @Surgence who said the think about Ackbar.

If you have a complaint about a character, it IS possible you know, to just... have a complaint about that character. It doesn't have to be a bigger issue of "SJW" whatever the hell that even means.

• @Anon-ymous1 I don't have a complaint about a given character I have a complaint about the broader agenda behind the show.

• I agree with you. It was not a good movie. There’s no reason to care about any of these characters. The only interesting conflict is Kylo and Rey (I mean Mary Sue)’s regarding the dark side an the light.

Here’s a perfect example to me of how bad this movie was... the scene with Luke at the end... the director intended to “trick” the audience into thinking Luke was there. But when his projection showed up, he was younger looking (no gray in his beard), well groomed, and had his blue lightsaber that we saw get destroyed earlier... so instead of having some big reveal which surprised me, I was immediately taken out of the movie because I thought they made a dumb continuity error.

And Rey literally spent no more than a day with Luke. The rebels only had 18 hours of fuel left. The movie picks up immediately after the last one.

Oh, and there’s no gravity in space, so the bombs from the bomber wouldn’t have fallen down.

0|2
    0|0
  • I've seen the two Rey films at cinema and concluded both times that they were messy in execution and had dubious Disney political overtones for no apparent reason other than they could.
    However, I recently watched the first again on Netflix and though it better than I remembered so maybe I just like them better at home than in the cinema.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was better than the last two, but still not great. Barely good, but still good. I liked the violence, the humor was mostly awkward & stupid, the romance went nowhere, there were plot holes & weird avoidances of common sense employed just to advance the plot, etc, but I am looking forward to the next one,

0|0
    0|0
  • It was mostly terrible. Story the main problem, every aspect of it. Also script weak. Disney are to blame and Abbrams, Kennedy etc.. They have almost destroyed Star Wars.

I can easily forgive George Lucas for parts of Phantom Menace, he is God. The Last Jedi is damning to all involved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I watched it yesterday. It was okay. There's a lot of unnecessary jokes, in a serious moment Luke just threw the lightsaber just like that.. The character of Rose is all rather pointless backstory... All of the just just cause she likes Finn, a little kiss on the end and that's done. THAT'S IT...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty mediocre. I was overall disappointed. VII is better, by a lot.

0|2
    0|0
  • I ain't seen none of them. Why are people saying it's the first new one since 20 years, when it isn't. One came out a few years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • There was way too much humour. Every time there seemed to be an emotional build up the music would intensify and then silly jokes would be thrown in as if they got scared it was too deep.

I can suspend my disbelief for things like the bombs dropping bb8 piloting an AT-ST and even Leia in space but there was so much filler it was a chore to watch.

Finns quest did nothing. They didn't complete it, they just got betrayed and then escaped they didn't even really come close.

The Porgs were pointless, BB-9 acted like it was sentiently aware of BB-8 specifically but never explained it. The AT-ATs that were clearly based on gorrilas... why?

Snoke was meaningless in the entire story.

Rey and Kylo had an amazing dynamic and story going and could have been amazing if they swapped sides or even joined together and balanced each other out. But nope, she runs away and stays the good girl.

Overall meh...

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a love/hate feelings for this movie. There are so many moments that are awesome, and yet some are terrible.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not the worse Star Wars movie but it's definitely not the best.

0|0
    0|0
    • Correct, its hard to beat Attack of the Clones (in worst) and Empire Strikes Back (in best) 😂

• Show All
    • Real talk

• I didn't see previous answer - Clones are MUCH worse than Phantom, Phantom has Darth Maul and a cool lightsaber fight at least, Clones doesn't have NOTHING. Well, maybe the huge battle with a lot of Jedi is kinda cool, but those fucking scenes when they kiss on the meadow. No, just no 😂

• I think the whole point was to destroy expectations, with luke throwing the lightsaber is a metaphor for the rest of the movie.

Whose rays parents? Fuck you.
    Whos snoke? Fuck you.
    Lets blow shit up. Fuck you, run away for 20 hours.
    Kilo putting on the mask/dark side? Fuck you, smash smash smash.
    Whos the Last jedi? Fuck you, with the random kid with a broom.

Knowing how purist star wars fandom can be, i see clearly why this movie split opinions among people like it does. I think it is not the best but it is the single best step in a way better direction or a least a new one. Episode 7 was basicly a beat for beat remake of a new hope. 8 is something new.

0|0
    0|0
    • Part 2
      I also think the new star wars are stuck between reaching for the original trilogy and chained down by the prequels. Every one wants more but being here is setting them self for failure. Can the original characters live up to there own legacy? I dont think it will, and just playing along like everyone wants will leave like the prequels being afraid of trying something new.
      Everything here is a way to break the chains of the empire, rebellion, skywakers, every legend. Let the past die, kill it if you have to. Make your own path in this world.

• Just when you though the Phantom Menace was bad...

0|0
    0|0
  • It was trash

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. No

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes